April 6, 2003
Mary Brooker, Chip Buckner, Rick Cunningham, Chris DAdamo, William Easley, Terry Ellis, Chuck Gibson, Bill Haner, Rick Isham, Joe Johnson, Greg Kent, Larry Lehman, Brent Reynolds, Allan Schoof, Greg Spies, Herb Strain, Mike Ulm, Jim Wasko, & Greg Williams
Bill Haner Scoutmaster update. He is trying to schedule a regular routine at meetings but plans to have a variety of activities too. He hopes each patrol will continue to work on their flags.
· Feels Jim Wasko is working well with our Mustangs on initial advancement.
Jim Wasko Hopes we can help Mustangs continue to work on advancement at campouts so most Mustangs can reach Tenderfoot by the next Court of Honor.
Bill Haner We will have a new SPL because our current one will be turning eighteen. He will announce this at the next meeting but may select someone himself for the next three months.
Herb Strain Bartle report April 14th is merit badge sign up. New leader essentials will be taught (Forty-five signed up so far). Late fees will occur after April 14th. April 30th is Bartle parents meeting and May 21st is orientation meeting at Sharps barn. Riding down on charter bus is required for scouts. A yellow bus for the way home will be offered if we have some reservations by April 14th.
Greg Spies Two adults will be needed each way on the bus.
Herb Strain Sent out e-mail on health forms which must be turned in.
Rick Isham April campout: Needs a volunteer to drive the truck. We will provide the food for Mustangs to cook once they decide on a menu. Mustang parents will participate with their sons cooking. Mustangs will canoe three to four hours then work on advancement. Older scouts will canoe six to seven hours. Two people per canoe.
· May campout: Johnson Shut-Ins. Steve Ornduff will scout out the area ahead of time. It will be on May 16th to 18th and will be a five hour drive.
· June Campout to be at Greg Spiess farm June 7th and 8th - Scouts to do crafts and Bartle prerequisites
Herb Strain High Adventure Survey He discussed the results from the twenty-nine people who responded.
Greg Kent Six for next Eagle Court of Honor. Needs volunteers for April 17th Eagle Board of Review.
Joe Johnson Eagle Court Registered leaders to receive invitations. Parents are meeting weekly to plan the Court of Honor.
Chris DAdamo Treasure Report Good cash balance.
Herb Strain Seventy-four scouts are signed up for Bartle. Payments are due.
Terry Ellis Adult leader dress code: We expect all adult leaders to wear full uniform with scarf.
· Please keep noise levels down in back of troop meetings.
Larry Lehman Suggested we provide more specific training to adults who come to meetings but are not involved with scouts.
Bill Haner This is Youth Protection Month and it can be taken on-line.
Mary Brooker Discussed the possibility of a uniform exchange for the scouts. She got an okay from the committee to proceed with further details and a survey to the troop.
Herb Strain Web page update: We now have secure password protected pages for scouts, leaders and OA members with separate passwords. Troopmaster updates are now done differently. They are now job specific e-mails. We can also now use distribution lists. Also, there are pictures from troop events.
Terry Ellis Highway cleanup on April 19th weekend.
Herb Strain Participated in Habitat for Humanity with some members of our troop. It will happen again next weekend. Stu Sharp is coordinating.
Bill Haner HOAC service project is next month. Working with Gillis Home.
· Trailhead District Roundtable discussed issues that occur that may interfere with meetings and technicalities about scouts getting close to age eighteen who are still working to become Eagles.
Allan Schoof Suggested we be cautious with our truck when we take it on long distance campouts.
Bill Haner Chip Buckner will be scoutmaster for the April campout.
Herb Strain May 31st is Tribal Feast for Mic O Say members. He has applications for those who want to go.
· New Scout parent meeting next Wednesday night.
· We are hosting a New Leaders Essential Training and no adults from our troop are signed up yet. 6:00 p.m. on April 14th for one and one-half hours. Not needed if it was done in cub scouts. Brent should be notified if a new parent has already done this.
· Eagle Scout Project training on Wednesday 7:00 p.m. April 23rd at 130th and Wornall at LDS church.
· Received a letter from Charles Athey who does swimming and lifesaving merit badges. He is going to stop doing this after thirty years.
Mike Ulm Needs someone to step in to be chaplain at the next campout. He would like someone to take over his job on an ongoing basis. He will train whoever does this.
Terry Ellis Discussed the Carlson Farha award which will be given to a scout at the May Court of Honor.
The meeting was ended at 8:00 p.m.
Lawrence P. Lehman
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org