Troop 10 Committee Meeting
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Meeting 6:00 pm
Blue Hills Country Club
Ahart, John, Baker Tom, Coffey, Mike, Cokingtin, Quintin, Contag, David, Cook, Dellinger, Debbie, Jim, Easley, William, Fuehr, Ted, Fuehr, Will, Gibson, Chuck, Herman, Deb, Key Bob, Kimminau, Leroy, Koziol, Barb, Loudon, Charlie, McCabe, John, Muchow, Jeff, Novickas, Elaine, O’Farrell, Kevin, Parkins, Mark, Roberson, Ken, Rohleder, Steve, Schorgal, Dan, Shetler, Jim, Spies Greg, Thomas Tracy, Wasko Jim, Wheeler, Rob, Williams Blake, Wilson Donna, Mike Riley
Blake Williams called the meeting to order at 6:00pm
Opening Comments –
1. Welcome and introductions
Ken Roberson talked
about a fund raiser for the Lyons Club on the 21st at
2. Adult leader position update
· Blake is looking for some adults coordinators. Highway Clean-up Coordinator, Friends of Scouting Coordinator, Neckerchief
Scoutmaster Update – Greg Spies
1. Report Greg Spies – Greg will be hosting a meeting at his house for the Mustang parents and other older scouts that want to modify patrols. The meeting will take place in the next 3 weeks.
2. Senior Patrol Leader – Will Fuehr Will be at Prom for the OA Tap out. Grahm Funk will serve as ASPL. The ASPL’s will have a planning meeting on Friday night. All OA members will build the fire.
Outdoor Activities – Tom Baker
1. Apr 11-13, OA Tap-Out, Illig farm – Fishing only in the big pond. No prizes and no fishing in the morning. Standard OA fair and Chapel in the morning. We will depart at 9am We have 1 Gator coming and Steve Duning is donating 2 ATVS.
May 16-18, Canoe,
3. May 30-Jun 1, First Year Campout, Spies farm
4. High Adventure – Quintin Cokingtin - 32 total 18 Adults and 14 Scouts - 2 crews in July
Grubmaster Report – John McCabe
1. Campout report Stakes and Potatoes
2. April campout plan
Equipment Coordinator – Chuck Gibson
1. Report Tent inventory – 99 tents, 32 not accounted for. Needs a truck driver from the Ram Patrol or another volunteer for the OA Tapout. Last year we only had 67 verified.
Bartle 2008 –
Ted Fuehr made a motion to pay 100% of golf and fly fishing an. Motion passed
William Easley made a motion to pay 50% of the horse back riding. Seconded Motion passed.
Merit badge signup and all fees and forms due Monday night April 14th. Discussed Troop10 external merit badges and voted on the funding.
2. First Year Parent orientation, Wednesday April 30
3. Adults attending Bartle meeting, Sharp’s, May 28
Error on the Class One where the Parents signed.
Crew 2010 Update – Scott Weaver
Working on cert training for ranger award, should be done in the next few weeks.
Advancement – Brent Reynolds
1. Scout thru Life – Brent Reynolds/Doug Ball
2. Eagle Candidates – Tracy Thomas
Chris Wells Eagle BOR on April 17th
Sunday the 27th
Eagle’s will receive a certificate from the Lyons Club and be hosted a Lyons Dinner.
Finance – Kevin O’Farrell
1. Treasurer’s report
61,000 in the account and 18,000 due to Bartle and 7,000 for the Bartle reserve.
2. Fundraising – Barbara Cusick
Membership – Donna Wilson
1. Recruiting update
1. O/A – David Contag
a. May 2-4, Spring Induction Weekend. They are putting together a photo log to help with the tapout. We have the Head Dress. Need the Boom Box.
2. Mic-O-Say – Bob Tenny/Jim Wasko/Rusty Howell
Letters were sent to scouts that are behind in the Mic-O-Say requirements.
Community Service Projects – Deb Dellinger
Pioneer Trails in KC for Troop 12 - 30 boys needed to volunteer for 1 day. All boys and adults that volunteer to be on staff will receive a $25 gift certificate from Bass Pro Shop and a tee shirt. June 15 – July 26
Adult Training Update – Scott Bower
1. Scoutmaster/Asst. SM Job Specific at Bartle will be offered.
Trailhead District Round
Table Information –
Talked about Bartle.
New Business/Open Discussion – All
Mark Elkins is now on the board of Heart of America
Conflict for flag ceremony at Leawood during the court of honor.
Robert J. Key, Secretary
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org
Next Committee Meeting May 4th 2008