Troop 10 Committee Meeting Agenda
Sunday, August 7, 2011 - 5:00 pm
Blue Hills Country Club
In Attendance: John McCabe, Barbara Koziol, Rob Day, Julia Day, Steve Dunn, Rob Baker, James Duncan, Kay McCarthy, Jeff Muchow, Tracy Thomas, Kevin Tenney, Garrett Shropshire, Bob Rohlf, John Martin, Charles Loudon, Chris Pfeiffer, Ron Clary, Greg Spies, Scott Brown, Chuck Gibson, Jim Shettler
Introductions & Opening Comments
· Welcome and introductions
· Looking for the following adult volunteers: Quartermaster, Adult Recognition Coordinator, Prairie Star Elementary Unit Commissioner, ECOH Coordinator (Chuck Luchen)
· Chuck Gibson have expressed a desire to transition out of his current role as Quartermaster
Leawood Lions Chris Wright No report
Friends of Scouting Kay McCarthy
· Recruit parents of younger scouts for F.O.S. leadership
· Encourage donations (buy in) from families w/ focus on newer families
· Garrett Shropshire Patrol assignments meeting 8/15 @ 7:30 p.m.
· Kevin Tenny Announced ASPL team. Discussed campout planning policy.
Outdoor Activities (Camping/Grubmaster) Scott Brown/Chris Pfeiffer
· September Campout goal to train shooting skills grouping scouts to stations
· October Campout Back in Louisburg. Scout v. Wild theme.
· November Campout Same place/Time
· December Campout - TBD
Bartle Otis Miller / Tracy Thomas
· Thorns & Roses Rescheduled to 8/21 @ 5:00p.m. Doug Balls Pizza Shoppe
Equipment Coordinator Chuck Gibson
· Tent Inventory 9/10 @ 8:00 a.m.
· Opportunity to add (consolidate) locker space. Group decided to pass.
· Truck getting serviced this month
Membership Renee Andrews
· School Night For Scouting McCabe Tuesday August 9th.
Advancement Julia Day
· 565 merit badges earned. 47 new rank badges. 94 special awards so far for next court of honor. COH is 9/26 @ 7:00 p.m.
· Adults should review Troop 10 policy on Rank Advancement. Available online.
Eagle Candidates Tracy Thomas
· 9/21 cut-off for next Eagle COH
· New Eagles: Matt Borso, Chase Thorp. Ryan Thomas shortly.
· Alex Rose, Isaac Vano, TullyKimminau approaching 18th B-Day
Scout Leadership Bob Rohlf
· How long should leadership records be held open at the end of each leadership period? Should we purge/archive records after a set number of days? Greg Spies moved the second question. Passed without objection. John McCabe moved the first question (keep at 60 days). Passed without objection.
· 8/29 leadership faire. 9/19 JLT
· Need recruiting of Position Coordinator adults. Need newer scout families involved.
· Pursue opportunity to use instructors in contests (meeting/campout).
Finance Treasurers Report John Martin/ Rob Day
· Fundraising (savings strong and AR declining)
· Popcorn (Troop-wide selling moved and voted down)
· O/A Rob Baker Planning meeting 8/8 @ 6:30p.m. New ceremony for Shooter Safety.
· Mic-O-Say Jim Wasko/Greg Spies. Greg Spies moved to maintain scout participation requirements. Passed without objection.
Venture Crews Tom Baker / Jeff Muchow Recruit more scouts to participate. Recruit new sponsors. Jim Shettler looking for more scouts/parents to be involved in Eagle Corps.
Community Service Projects - Virgil Villarreal- Greg Spies reported on a successful service project in Joplin, MO.
Adult Training Scott Bower
New Business/Open Discussion All
--Mustang parent orientation/training idea planning. (Ron Clary)
--Aviation merit badge went well. Merit badge forum scheduled. (James Duncan)
--Discuss with scouts/leaders/parents the need for scouts to communicate participation in MB work with counselor before the work. Stay connected. Keep counseling channels open. Discuss time limit for turning in certain participation requirements. (Julia Day)
--Address reports of poor language and bullying by scouts. (Chris Pfeiffer/Ron Clary)
Meeting Adjourned: 7:10 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Robert Day.