Double H Ranch – New Mexico
· Philmont Scout Ranch is offering a new high adventure opportunity in New Mexico. Seven-day trek will offer advanced backpacking, land navigation, challenge events, black powder, astronomy and much much more.
· Visit the National Radio Astronomy Observatory - VLA (Very Large Array – as seen on the movie “Contact”)
· 12 per crew, 2 Crews or a total of 24 Scouts and Scouters
§ Maximum 4 Adults per crew (first-come-first-served)
· June 20 – 27, 2004
· Morning departure from K.C. on Southwest Airlines
· Mid day pick-up at Albuquerque Sunport airport by Blue Sky tours
· Walking tour of Old Town Albuquerque established in 1706 (shops, stores, street entertainers, historic sites)
· Trip to the top of Sandia Peak; ride the world’s longest aerial tramway to the 10,400 foot mountain peak
· A taste of the Southwest – Dinner at Pancho’s Mexican “all you can eat” buffet
· Check in to hotel in Albuquerque (pool, fitness center)
· Breakfast buffet at hotel
· 7:30 a.m. - Transport to Double H Ranch
· Arrive at Double H Ranch between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
· Check-in, lunch and outfitting
· Hike to first night’s campsite
· High adventure backpacking expedition (see Double H flier)
· Return to base camp a.m.
· Depart for Albuquerque airport
· Return flight on Southwest Airlines to K.C.
· Total $800 ($50 deposit due immediately)
Ø $325 Double H Fees
Ø $260 for round-trip air on Southwest (approx.)
Ø $215 for tour package including all ground transportation, tours, meals, and hotel.
· MUST Reserve a spot and pay $50 deposit (non-refundable)
Ø Due by December 24th (firm deadline) we need to send in a deposit
Ø Contact Steve Ornduff and let him know you want to attend
o sornduff@AmericanGS.com 913- 681-4948
Ø Send $50 check made out to “Troop 10” to Chris D’Adamo
o Chris D’Adamo, 14203 Eby, Overland Park, KS 66221
· 14 years of age by January 1, 2004
· 13 years of age & completed the 8th grade