Troop 10 Committee Meeting
Sunday, February 8, 2008
Meeting 6:00 pm
Blue Hills Country Club
Elaine Navickas, Tim Navickas,
Introductions & Opening Comments Blake Williams
1. Blake called the meeting to order @ 6PM
2. Welcome and introductions
A. Committee Changes Jim Cook will be 2010 Campmaster
B. Doug Ball will be leadership committee chare
C. Scott Brown will assist with campmaster duties
3. Trailhead District Dinner Awards
A. District quarter master of the year
B. Garrett Shropshire Asst. cubmaster of the year.
C. Joe & Rob Wheeler received special awards for rotary camp
D. Marc Elkins received an award for starting a new troop.
Scoutmaster Update Greg Spies
2. Senior Patrol Leader A.J. Eaton / Britton Heck
A. Mini PLC was held at January campout March campout will be a Katie trail campout.
B. Election was held at the last troop meeting A.J. was elected Senior Patrol Leader
C. Eaton met with his ASPLs and reviewed critical leadership requirements ASPLs Kevin Tenny, Austin Williams, Jonathan Contag, Taylor Wilson
Outdoor Activities Tom Baker/Briton Heck
1. February 20-21, Snow Creek,
A Sign-up will occur Monday, 2/9.
B. Snow sports merit badge will be offered through T. Baker
C. Camping by upper parking lot.
D. Session begins at 7:30PM thru 2PM
E. Hot Chocolate & Coffee
2. March 27-29, Katie Trail 2 night campout
A. Meet at PSMS on Friday PM
B. Mustangs to come down Sat. AM
3. April 17-19, OA Tapout/Fishing Campout, Illig farm - Confirmed at Illigs farm
4. May 15-17, Canoe campout Still working on location
5. High Adventure Quintin Cokingtin
A. Philmont crews are in shakedown hike mode
B. 2010 Year investigating scuba in the Carribean
Grubmaster Report Tim Navickas
1. February Skiing Campout Everything will be provisioned on truck
2. March No report for March
1. Report No report update
Membership Donna Wilson
Crew 2010 Update Jim Leaper No report
Community Service Projects Deb Dellinger
1. Report No report
Leawood Lions Gary Flick/Chick Atwell
1. Discussion No report
1. Scout thru Life
2. Eagle Candidates Tracy Thomas
A. Michael Hoffman, Brandon Cokington and Kevin Cokington passed their Eagle boards.
B. 6 due in February
C. 5 more due in March
3. 300th Troop Eagle with Aprils Eagle scout COH, the troop will have its 300th Eagle. To celebrate and commemorate this with a special patch that the boys can wear on their merit badge sash or Class A shirt.
Suggestion was made to include design on the Bartle Shirt as well.
Patch will also have a loop to hang off button on Class A shirt.
Finance John Martin
1. Treasurers report AR is down to $20,000
Cash is strong have enough cash to meet obligations
No progress made on delinquent accounts at a future time these will be written off to bad debt Approx. $2,300.
2. Fundraising Barbara Cusick no report.
1. O/A David Contag/ Rob Baker
A. Pack 302 crossover this month
B. 4 more crossover coming up
C. 12 boys on the C team ready to go.
D. Suggestion to reach out in future years to other packs to increase number of ceremonies
E. OA elections coming up in the spring
F. Discussion regarding procuring supplies for the April campout need at least 2 Gators to move equipment and supplies.
G. Discussion regarding a new Hopi Eagle Dancer at the OA ceremony in April.
1. Motion to vote on idea approved by committee approved $150 budget for startup.
2. Mic-O-Say Bob Tenny/Jim Wasko
Discussions at all campouts regarding attendance.
Trailhead District Round Table Information Scott Bower
This month - Discussion regarding conservation badges available to be earned.
Next month - Discussion will be on proper packing of a backpack.
New Business/Open Discussion All
· Merit badge forum complete this past weekend run by John Dye.
· Ron Wood is new Vice Chairman of District
· JLT will be held on 2/23
Minutes respectfully submitted by John McCabe to Blake Williams
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org