Troop 10 Committee Meeting
Sunday, June 5, 2005
Blue Hills Country Club
John “Knotly John” Ahart, Doug Ball, Chip Buckner, Mike Coffey, Chris D’Adamo, Gary Dennis, William Easley, Roger Eaton, Terry Ellis, Ted Fuhr, Chuck Gibson, Bill Haner, Jeff Muchow, Steve Ornduff, Ken Roberson, Greg Spies, Brent Reynolds, Blake Williams and Greg Williams
Terry Ellis called the meeting to order at 5:00pm
Terry Ellis Meeting Chair
William Easley Scoutmaster Update
Couple of meetings since last committee, court of honor went well with number of boys elevated. Three Eagle conferences, Andy Landau finished yesterday, Brian Pulcher and one other. Kudos to those who helped out on the first year campout under tough conditions with mud, water, and debris. Overall success in spite of the weather. Paul Bertrand and Les Landau proposed a non troop event. Discussions for this event will be held outside Troop 10 official business and have no linkage to Troop 10.
Bryce Wells 2005 High Adventure Status
Bryce not present, but so far as Terry’s knows, all is well with Boundary Waters and trip to
Terry Ellis October Campout
The committee discussed an October Shooting Demonstration fund raiser followed by a Scout Campout. Committee voted to hold the October Scout Campout on a different weekend than the fund raiser.
Terry Ellis Summer 2005 Calendar Reminders
Troop picnic - August 21st – start of 30th anniversary year for Troop 10. Need to do something at the picnic to celebrate 30 years. Ken will go to the Rotary Club and see if they want to go in on main course. This group will meet again in August so we can determine the meal at that time. We have coming up on the 16th, a need for helpers for Boards of Review. This year we’ll have two scout meetings in August. Committee meetings – all dates are confirmed for 2005-2006.
Chris D’Adamo Treasurer Update
$9k in bank, $10k due from scouts. Will have a problem with Bartle since we normally don’t get much money in the summer. Will be sending out e-mail with everyone’s balances and expects resistance from some folks who want to know what they owe for, but he’s not going to provide that since he’s been there on Mondays for every week and they could have asked then.
Open Discussion All
Clarence needs 7
helpers for Eagle B.O.R. Signup sheet
passed around. Last Thursday David
Harris and Brian Pulcher cleared final review so both will have BOR on 16th. Andy Landau will submit project and
application to John Heather prior to BOR.
He will be included in June BOR.
7 and 8pm needs. Prelim approval
was given. Fall
· Blue Hills will be doing kitchen renovation Jan-May so we wouldn’t have food service. Will still have tea, water, coffee. Group agreed to stay here without food service.
· Calendar is set for the year, locked in dates for campouts. Will also get dates to Susan Ahart to lock in dates for troop meetings.
· John Ahart – would like to see more boys involved with boards for younger boys. How does the group feel? Excellent idea – especially Life and above, appropriate to rank. By invitation only by Scoutmaster(s).
Roger – 3 day
cancer walk fundraiser – try to find best scout troop to set up 600 tents. Need
50 scouts per evening for 2 evenings.
3-7 pm. Need someone to
coordinate the scouts. Want 1 adult for
10 boys. Dates June 17-18th. Will be Olathe East HS on Friday,
· Greg Williams noted Bartle parents Wednesday the 8th. Chuck Gibson – locker was broken into a couple of weeks ago, got a few items including Herb’s naugahyde chair, didn’t get much else. Chuck put new lock on locker. Recommending the disc locks now, harder to get into. Questioned on whether we want to move or not. Blake Williams =Recommendation that we pursue looking at 157th and Metcalf. Brian Schwarman owns storage facility and they may be able to get us in there reasonably.
· Greg Spies –Bob Key sold the truck - $1200. First suit has been filed already – (humor). Logo was still on truck, some questions about that. New owner plans to remove or cover the logo.
· Greg Spies – travel feast Saturday– still need health forms and registration from some for Bartle.
· MIC-O-SAY Honor Recognition Voting: (5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
· Bartle Leadership Committee Meeting: (7:30 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.)
Terry Ellis adjourned the committee meeting at 5:30 p.m.
Robert J. Key
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org
Next Committee Meeting August 7th, 2005