March 9, 2003
Glenn Alexander, Chris DAdamo, Gary Dennis, Terry Ellis, Chuck Gibson, Denny Hamilton, Bill Haner, Dave Holt, Rick Isham, Joe Johnson, Greg Kent, Bill King, Larry Lehman, Marc McCarty, Steve Ornduff, Brent Reynolds, Allan Schoof, Greg Spies, Herb Strain, Jim Wasko, & Tom Wineland
Terry Ellis Thanked Rick Isham for planning the last campout, Herb Strain, Greg Spies and Glenn Alexander for the OA Tapout, Larry Lehman for recent JLT.
· Announced that Bill K. will take over for Larry being in charge of JLT.
Steve Ornduff Planning is underway for Bartle. He is arranging for bus transport for all scouts to Bartle with carpooling home.
Herb Strain Discussed road changes that have occurred at Sawmill and Lone Star camps.
Rick Isham April campout, Parent-Son trip: To meet at NRO canoe rental on Friday night on the Niangua River.
Steve Ornduff May campout, two nights, at Taum Sauk State Park four and a half hour drive - the highest point in Missouri hike on this trail using day packs.
Terry Ellis High Adventure poll options were discussed.
Rick Isham Asked for people to help on the canoe trip who can teach Safety Afloat.
Greg Kent Six scouts at next Eagle Court.
Joe Johnson First Eagle parent meeting tomorrow night.
Chris DAdamo Treasurers report A-Ok. Bought ten new tents.
Herb Strain Bartle treasurer report Beginning to nail down which scouts and parents will be attending and how much is still owed.
Service project activities. We discussed which activities count toward this and which activities are just part of scouting and helping other scouts.
JLT Evaluation There were some concerns about how to keep the scouts interested and help them learn the material in a good format.
Glenn Alexander Thanked Herb Strain and Greg Spies for their help at the OA Tapout and Cliff Illig for letting us use his property. Discussed the possibility of a permanent council ring and totem pole on his land.
· Suggested we establish a ceremony at Camp Ernst for Cub Scout Bobcats. Suggested we purchase some Teepees to be taken to Naish for Ordeal weekends. We have twenty-seven adults and twenty-eight scouts re-registered for OA. Fifteen went through ordeals last year. Thirty-three were newly elected to OA this year and four adults.
· The committee decided we would purchase one teepee to start with and see how it works.
Bill Haner There is an OA Trading Post at the next round table.
Herb Strain Suggested we purchase arrows for new Arrowmen.
Mic-O-Say expectations Wonders if we are passing on expectations regularly to the scouts. Terry will clarify who will be the ASM who will take charge of this.
Brent Reynolds Laserjet recycling program not generating much money for our troop yet would like for us to participate in this more and plans to give a handout at the meeting.
Greg Spies Thanked scouters for helping with cleaning our cast iron pots.
· We are looking for a second truck that we can outfit to help carry our equipment safely.
Bill Haner Leawood Rotary Club presentation Fifty people were there. Terry put together a Power Point presentation.
· April 12th Council service project day Mark McCarty Is going to put together a project involved with the Gillis Home for May 3rd. It will be an Olympics for a number of youth treatment centers. This will be part of a Rotary Club project.
Herb Strain per email from Roger Hoyt: April 5th and April 12th there is another Leawood Rotary Club project to demolish a home in the Argentine district.
· Discussed crossovers and from which schools they have been attending.
Bill Haner Scoutmaster minute We had eight new scouts at the last campout. Dave Holt will now be in charge of beads. Two boys sent home from campout for disobedience and disrespect. Apology letters were sent by the boys. It became a positive experience for the troop.
· Is working with the SPL to plan the troop meetings. Has developed a format for the meetings.
· Friends of Scouting We are at 135% and got a ribbon from the district - $9,500.00.
· Wants to make sure we enforce the no alcohol policy at campouts with new parents.
Herb Strain SNAWS March 29th. A place to get tribal council attire. Courses in beading, etc.
· Wants to boost and refill merit badge counselors positions. March 31st during the meeting he and Allen Schoof will offer Merit Badge Training.
· March 31st Final date to accept leadership cards from the scouts.
· April 19th New date for Highway Cleanup.
· April 2nd - New Parents Meeting. May be moved to March 26th or March 27th.
· Training opportunities are there for adults in surrounding districts in addition to our own.
· Shotgun merit badge Same weekend as our Johnson Shut Ins Trip.
· Our charter has been submitted for 108 scouts.
· We qualified as a Quality Unit he will get patches for this.
The meeting was ended at 8:00 p.m.
Lawrence P. Lehman
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org