May 3, 2003
Glenn Alexander, Chip Buckner, Chris DAdamo, William Easley, Terry Ellis, Chuck Gibson, Denny Hamilton, Bill Haner, Debbie Howell, Rusty Howell, Rick Isham, Greg Kent, Larry Lehman, Marc McCarty, Steve Ornduff, Brent Reynolds, Ken Roberson, Allan Schoof, Greg Spies, Herb Strain, Jim Wasko, Frank Weidling, Bryce Wells & Greg Williams
Terry Ellis Thanked Herb and Glenn for a great OA Induction weekend.
Bill Haner Scoutmaster minute
· Thanked Joe, Larry and Herb for a great Eagle Court of Honor with six new Eagles.
· Thirty-three Ordeal and nine Brotherhood for OA Induction.
· Had election for new SPL. It was very close for all three candidates. Scouts voted and Jack C. is new SPL.
· Frog and Falcon Patrol members will be moved into other patrols and Penguins will be split up. New patrols will be announced in one week.
Marc McCarty Five scouts participated in community service project with Leawood Rotary.
Bill Haner Canoe campout was successful.
Steve Ornduff Merit badge sign up for Bartle went well. New parents meeting has been held.
· May 21st 7:00 p.m. Adult Orientation for Bartle Stu Sharps farm;
· June 14th Truck preparation for Bartle
· 101 scouts are signed up. Three more may sign up. Thirty-four full time equivalent leaders; ten more will be part time.
Rick Isham May campout: Fishing campout at PinAkers Lake. There will be prizes that Jim Wasko will plan. Greg Williams and Steve Ornduff will be in charge of the Fishing Merit Badge. Raccoons are in charge of the truck.
Greg Spies Flyer on Web for June campout to do pre-work for Bartle merit badge. Instructors, troop guides and other older scouts will need to come and help.
Rick Isham 2003 2004 Outdoor Planning: Would like scouts to complete a survey regarding activities they would like to present to the Troop as possibilities.
Terry Ellis 2004 High Adventure: Scouts voted for their favorites: Horsepack trip and Fishing in Boundary Waters Trip. Bryce Wells is working on this.
Greg Kent No Eagle boards this month but two are close to this. Six possible for next Court of Honor.
Chris DAdamo Working on collecting money owed from scouts prior to Bartle.
Glenn Alexander Thanked Debbie for her Strawberry salad for the OA Induction Weekend. We had our new TeePee out.
Herb Strain There were sixty to seventy responses to the Uniform Exchange survey. Not sure of next step.
Terry Ellis Concerns from some about the safety of the truck. Discussed possibilities of new trucks for the troop. Left light needs to be replaced.
· Alan keeps the insurance cards and registration for the truck in the truck.
· Asked at next campout the adults participate in the church service rather than doing other chores at the time.
Jim Wasko Ten to twenty new scouts will be going for Tenderfoot at the next meeting.
Brent Reynolds Asked if anyone has anything to add to the script for the next Court of Honor.
Bryce Wells High Adventure: Will be working on organizing the Boundary Waters trip and a fishing trip also. Also looking at a Buffalo River trip for five days next spring break.
Marc McCarty This summer Leawood Rotary is working on Habitat for Humanity house. He will see if we can participate on this.
· Will aim for more community service projects for the coming year.
Greg Spies Roundtable: Discussed how to handle scout problems at camp.
Bryce Wells Adult Leader Training: Handed out results he complied of which leaders are currently trained.
Greg Spies Mic-O-Say meeting next month - after next committee meeting which will begin at 5:00 p.m.
The meeting was ended at 7:30 p.m.
Lawrence P. Lehman
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org