May 29, 2001
Mike Coffey’s House
Mike Beasley, Mike Coffey, Denny Hamilton, Ed O’Connor, Steve Ornduff, Mike Ulm, Jim Wasko, Larry Lehman, Rusty Howell, Herb Strain, Marc Elkins, Greg Spies, Greg Kent, Rick Isham, Joe Johnson, Gary Bernhardt, Stu Sharp, Terry McGinnis, Allen Schoof, Tom Davis, Paul Bertrand, Cary Dikeman
Stu Sharp: The Committee has previously voted to pursue the possibility of starting a Venture Crew affiliated with Troop 10. The timetable suggested would be to try and get this started in September 2001.
With this decided, Stu Sharp has asked the Committee to come up with some concrete Attendance Requirements that can be presented to the potential Venture Crew Scouts as they get started.
MOTION: “To allow Stu Sharp et al, to offer a short (1 – 2 day/night) trip off Bartle Reservation during Troop 10’s session there July 1st – 10th, 2001. The purpose of this trip would be to formulate the details of a Venture Program. This would be offered to any Venture Age Scout or potential Venture Scout and their fathers.”
Motion passed unanimously…
MOTION: “Venture Crew attendance requirements to meet Mic-O-Say ‘minimums’ and placement on future ballots would be as follows: (note the Order of the Arrow requirements as well)
1) The Venture Crew would plan and offer 3 outings during the first school year. (2001-2002)
2) These 3 outings can be used towards the 5 campouts currently required by Troop 10 for Mic-O-Say consideration.
3) The remaining 2 outings MUST be regular Troop 10 monthly campouts. (Order of the Arrow functions, Mic-O-Say functions, summer activities and other school year activities will not count towards the 2 regular campout requirement.)
4) These nights of camping will count 1 for 1 towards the 15 nights of camping (over a 2 year period) required for consideration in the Order of the Arrow.
1) The Venture Crew would plan and hold approximately 2 meetings per month during the first school year. (2001-2002)
2) These meetings would count 1 for 1 towards the 55% regular Troop 10 meeting requirement.
3) Venture Crew members would still be required to attend 100% of all Troop 10 and Eagle Scout Courts of Honor (unless excused in advance by the Troop 10 Scoutmaster)
Venture Crew members will be reminded that the above attendance requirements are “minimums” and will only ensure that a Scout will be placed on the ballot for consideration. Inclusion and elevation in the Tribe of Mic-O-Say has certain strong ‘subjective’ criteria that are considered by the Troop 10 Committee prior to Summer Camp each year. Working with the ‘younger & weaker’ is just one of these criteria.”
Motion passed unanimously…
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org