Troop 10 Committee Meeting
Sunday, November 8th, 2009
Meeting 6:00 pm
Blue Hills Country Club
Rob Baker, Scott Brown, David Corley, Gary Flick, Ted Fuehr,
Introductions & Opening Comments – Blake Williams
a. Welcome and introductions - Blake called the meeting to order @ 6:12PM.
Troop 10 Parents & Leaders: Looking for Adult Recognition Coordinator and Internal Merit Badge Coordinator
Leawood Lions - Gary Flick/Chick Atwell
Report Saw greenery sales, Thank the scouts that participated, 640 pancake meals Down from 1,000 last year.
Army Bell ringers needed. May be a tough year to collect funds because of the economy.
Scoutmaster Update - Greg Spies
Greg wants the campouts listed on the website earlier.
Greg discussed a door hanger fund raising opportunity. $.30 per hanger could go towards scout Bartle fees. Greg will check interest at the Monday night meeting.
may not want to participate in next year’s Camporee because it was not a good
recruiting experience for Troop 10 and next years event will be more like a
Campout was run well but we had some scouts that caused some issues that are being addressed via scout conferences.
Senior Patrol Leader - Brian Leeper
Feast Campout - Patrols will be assigned menus to cook at the Feast Campout. A competition of knot tying, lashing and first aid with the patrols to see who selects first through last for the menus.
Scouts that show up late will be interrogated and told to show up on time the following week.
Feast campout activities. 3 Commando teams will be formed. Webelos will participate if they want to.
Outdoor Activities (Camping/Grubmaster) - Scott Brown/Brian Leeper/David Corley
is concerned about the number of adult volunteers that will help cook at the
November 13-15, Feast/Adult Training, Camp Ernst
Group of five women will help with cooking according to Ted. Greg Spies does not want any cooking or food preparation done prior to the Feast Campout. David Corley is concerned about adult help in the kitchen. We are expecting 40 additional non troop members to be present for diner including Weblos and trainers. Fires will be limited to the two fire pits only. Dumpsters are not to be used and all trashed will be hauled out with the troop.
Additional Rules; do not climb on the hay or water tower. Stay away from the house and horses. Any fish that are caught must be released. No cliff jumping. Stay away from the corn and wheat fields.
Still not decided what the troop is doing for this campout. It will be decided by the next PLC
January 22-23, Ski Campout, Snow Creek
are still not locked in for the ski campout.
Equipment Coordinator -
Nothing to report
Membership - Todd Martz
Recruiting update; 5 boys joined over the last few months. Our recruiting is way down and many weblos are opting for other troops. Recruiting at COR – looking for eagle scouts to help recruit. Expanding to younger scouts. Jim Thomas and David Contag will be at COR. Troop truck will be at COR. Tuesday night.
November 10, District Weblos
Event, COR 7pm
1. Scout thru Life -
2. Eagle Candidates - Tracy Thomas
November 22nd large
Scout Leadership - Doug Ball
Nothing to Report
Treasurer's report Finance - John Martin
22,000 in the bank and 11,500 in accounts receivable.
John Martin suggested a small dues increase over the current $100. Greg recommended we not increase. Discussion was held over weather increasing the dues would limit the number of new scouts. We agreed to write off uncollected funds. Motion was made to not raise the dues and charge $10 for handkerchiefs for new scouts. Motion approved.
Greenery - Barbara Cusick/Karrin Berkowitz
income with buy outs.
Greenery will be dispersed the week of the 16th.
O/A - Rob Baker
Day will help revamp customs for Eagle Court
Mic-O-Say - Bob Tenny/Jim Wasko
We are going to Bartle second session. June 4th is the Tribal Feast.
Community Service Projects - John Ahart
Nothing to report from John.
Trailhead District Meeting - Scott Bower
Program starts at 7pm 3 hour training Friday night. Training starts again Saturday morning at 6am and will go till approximately 4pm. Fire demonstration will be held in one of the 2 fire rings. Scott advised we participate district camporee. Greg made a motion not participate.
New Business/Open Discussion - All
Jeff Mucow will due a FOF presentation at our next meeting.
We are having noise and crowd control problems at our meetings. We will move Brent and other tables to the 6th grade pod.
Blake has no update on the Black Baird High adventure.
Blake Williams closed the meeting at 7:37PM.
Minutes respectfully transcribed and submitted by acting Secretary, Bob Key
Return to Home Page: bsatroop10.org