What: This is a national Boy Scout sponsored fundraiser for our local Heart of America council and our troop. This fundraiser helps Scouts earn money that goes in their scout account which can be used to cover scouting costs.
When: Sept. 9th – Oct. 21st All orders and monies can be turned into Dianne Roening at the Oct. 10th Troop meeting the Monday before the Trailhead Camporee. Dianne will also be at the Oct. 17th PLC if any scout is not able to attend the Oct. 10th meeting. Please double check your figures. Dianne will collect the orders and money from each scout and verify that the order and money equal before placing the order. The final order will be placed on Oct. 23rd for delivery on Nov. 5th.
Who: Sell to friends, neighbors and relatives. Sell on-line to people out of town. Parents can bring an order form to work and sell there too.
Military Donations: For those that don’t eat popcorn there is the $30 and $50 option to donate Popcorn to the Military. A donation receipt is available for the $30 and $50 donations only. Donations of any size are accepted and can be applied to the Military donations. All military donations go to active and local military.
On-line Ordering: A Scout gets credit for his on-line sales. Go to scouts.trails-end.com to sign in or create an account. Here you can send emails and texts to friends and family that live far away so they can support scouts too. You can also put it on social media.
Please note that the prices on-line have changed this year and everything is $30 plus shipping. Most of the products on-line are different than what we sell locally.
Popcorn App: After you set up your on-line account, you can download the app. No more having to write everything down on an order form. All sales go directly into the on-line system where I can pull it up and print it out. That means all you have to do is turn in the money – cash or checks, we do not accept credit cards at this time. The app works on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
What do you earn from this?
- On a Troop level Scouts will be credited an estimated profit between 32-35% of their popcorn sales. The final amount credited to the Scouts account will be determined upon completion of the fundraiser when all sales and costs are confirmed.
- Patches – for selling $25 worth of popcorn they get a Popcorn Participation patch. Scouts can also earn 4 patch segments that go around the participation patch – for making 1 military sale, for 1 on-line sale, for selling 1 of each product and for selling over $650.
- Bonus level prizes – If a scout sells $650 he will get either a $20 scout shop gift card or a Radio Flyer Scooter. If he sells $1,200 he will get a $40 Visa gift card. If he sells $1,600 he will get at $60 Visa Gift Card.
- If a scout sells $2,500 once, each year 6% of his total sales is invested in a scholarship account. (Let me know if you have won the scholarship in the past. I will have paperwork to fill out to get your sales linked to your account.)
On the District level – If your scout fills up an order form (sells to 30 different people), they will receive:
Early Bird “Fill It Up”:
- Scouts who turn in a copy of their filled order sheet by Oct. 3 will receive two passes to Sky Zone.
Everyone who “Fills It Up” gets:
- 2 tickets to the KC Royals Scout Day game at the Kauffman Stadium Spring 2017
Your goal: Your choice.
If you start at $250, you could earn approximately $82.00 for your scout account.
MONEY: All monies are to be collected up front and turned in with your popcorn order.
Checks are to be written to Troop 10.
- ALWAYS wear your uniform
- ALWAYS smile and introduce yourself
- ALWAYS tell your customers why you are selling popcorn
- KNOW the different kinds of popcorn you are selling
- ALWAYS have a clean order form with a pen
- ALWAYS say “Thank You”
SAMPLE SCOUT SCRIPT:
Hi, my name is ________. I am with Troop 10. I’m trying to earn my way to Bartle scout camp. Can I count on your support? All the popcorn is delicious, there are many different kinds to choose from and you will help fund my many adventures in scouting. (Always say “Thank You” when you are done whether they buy or not.)
Email me if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Popcorn Kernel,