Sign up for the merit badge forum by dropping off your registration form at the merit badge table at Troop 10 meetings in November.
Registrations starts at 6:30pm:
- Nov. 7, 2017 All Scouts register (PLC night – no Troop meeting)
- Nov. 14, 2017 All Scouts register (Priority for last names A – L)
- Nov. 21, 2017 All Scouts register (Priority for last names K – Z)
- Nov. 28, 2017 All Scouts register (last day)
Monday, Nov. 28 is the last day to register for all Troop 10 Scouts.
The MBF offers a number of Eagle-required merit badges. Troop 10 also offers most Eagle-required merit badges to our Scouts before Troop meetings. Please check the Troop calendar as you make your decisions.
PARENTS, LEADERS and SCOUTS – PLEASE GIVE BACK:
The Church of the Resurrection Beds Ministry is asking Scouts participating in the MBF to donate.
Merit badge Choices:
Please put down FOUR choices for merit badges no matter what.
The total number of hours for the MBF is 8 hours. The 8 hours are completed in four 2-hour sessions.
- 8-hour merit badges – require 4 hours on each Saturday to complete.
- 4-hour merit badges – Part 1 (first 2 hours) is on the first Saturday and Part 2 (second 2 hours) is on the second Saturday.
- 2-hour merit badges – only meet one Saturday.
- Priority is given to your first choice MB selection. If available, the Scout will be enrolled in that merit badge. Second priority is given to the second choice MB. If available, the Scout will be enrolled for the second choice merit badge.
- If the first or second choices cannot be scheduled due to availability, then 3rd and/or 4th choices will be considered. If 3rd and 4th choices are not provided, then the Scout will not be enrolled in any MBs and must go to the ADD/DELETE line, which provides limited opportunity for classes.
DO THE MATH: If you want…
- First Aid or Emergency Preparedness (8 hours) – enter as 1st choice
(8+0= 8 Hr total)
- Two, 4-hour MBs – enter as 1st and 2nd choice (4+4=8 Hr total)
- Two, 2-hour MBs – enter them consecutively, in conjunction with another
4 hour MB (2+2+4=8 hours total)
- Four, 2-hour MBs – enter in priority order (2+2+2+2=8hr total).
If you can attend just ONE of the Saturdays let us know. Also, only enroll in 2-hour MBs.
- First Aid requires attendance throughout the entire 8 hours of the forum.If you want First Aid, put it in the 1st choice position.
- Emergency Preparedness requires attendance throughout the entire 8 hours of the forum.If you want Emergency Preparedness, put it in the 1st choice position. First Aid is a prerequisite to Emergency Preparedness. Do NOT take Emergency Preparedness unless you have already taken First Aid.
- Personal Management – start on requirements NOW (Requirement #2 requires 13 consecutive weeks to complete).
- Family Life – start on requirements NOW (as this MB has requirements that take 90 days to complete). 90 days before the final date of the forum is approx. Nov. 1!
Cost to attend is $2 per Scout (no matter how many merit badges are taken). This will be deducted from your Scout account.
Adults are needed to help at the forum (as merit badge counselors, hallway monitors, and sign-in assistance).
Herb Strain is coordinating the Soaring Eagle District Merit Badge Forum. Please email Herb Strain for District-level questions.
Kendra Stark is coordinating Troop 10 Scout participation. Please email Kendra if you would like to help at the Troop 10 forum.