Schedule updated 3-16
- Arrive to load buses at Price Chopper – 133rd and Mission 7:30 am
- Depart Leawood KS 8:00am.
Arrive Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa OK noon – Sack lunch on bus.
- Depart Gilcrease 4:30pm for Hamill Student Center at Oral Roberts University
- Arrive Hamill Student Center 5:00pm
- Depart Hamill Student Center 6:30pm
Arrive Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, OK 7:00pm
Depart OK AQ Sunday morning 8:00am
- Arrive Leawood KS noon
- Test requirements 1a, 1e, 2a – d, 3a, b on bus or available free time
- Art Merit Badge
GILCREASE MUSEUM & JENKS AQUARIUM CAMPOUT DETAILS
Please plan on arriving at the Price Chopper at 133rd & Mission at 7:30 a.m. The buses are scheduled to leave at 8 a.m. – we must leave no later than 8 am. in order to arrive at the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, OK on time!
We will leave the Oklahoma Aquarium Sunday at 8 a.m., with a scheduled arrival at Price Chopper of noon.
- Be present for roll call Sunday morning prior to departure.
If you plan to arrive late, leave during the campout, or leave early Sunday, you must contact the Scoutmaster, Dave Powell, via email, by 8 p.m. Thursday, February 23 or you may not get credit for the campout.
Saturday, February 25
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Group one tours the Great Plains Indian Exhibit. Group two works on Art Merit Badge.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Group two tours the Great Plains Indian Exhibit. Group one works on Art Merit Badge.
- 4 p.m.: Depart Gilcrease Museum for dinner.
- 6:30 p.m.: Depart restaurant for Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, OK.
- 7 p.m.: Lock-in and Sleeping With The Sharks.
- Don’t forget to bring extra money for snacks and miscellaneous expenses.
Sunday, February 26
- Depart the Oklahoma Aquarium for home at 8:00 a.m.
- Eat before arriving at bus pickup.
- Please bring a bag lunch for the bus ride.
- The Troop will provide dinner.
- The Troop will provide breakfast.
- Cold weather appropriate clothing and extra clothing to change into at night (socks, sweats, t-shirts, gloves, etc.).
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeping bag
- Ground mat
- Canteen or water bottle
- Extra cash for miscellaneous expenses.
Class “A” uniform for bus ride and the museum visit. Everyone can change into class “B” uniform at the aquarium, after which we’ll remain in Class “B” for the remainder of the campout.
Please sign-up via the iOS app or website (link: http://bsatroop10.org/t10-rsvp/) by Wednesday, February 15 @ midnight., after which you will be unable to register for the campout. Please note this is a firm deadline due to the bus company’s schedule. If you miss the cutoff date, you are welcome to attend the campout, but you must provide your own transportation.
Please feel free to visit with the Campmaster at the weekly Troop meeting if you have any questions or problems signing up via either the app or website!
If you need to cancel at the last minute, you may email the Campmaster, Spencer Martin. Anyone who no-shows or cancels after Tuesday, February 21 @ 12 p.m. will be charged the full cost of the campout.
The fee for all attendees who ride the bus is $60; if you provide your own transportation, the fee is $20.
Your Troop account will be charged for the campout.
1400 N Gilcrease Museum Rd, Tulsa, OK 74127
From the Leawood area, it takes approximately four hours to reach the Gilcrease Museum (it’s approximately 240 miles).
- US169 South Towards Tulsa
- Take exit onto I244W towards Tulsa
- Take exit 5B on the left to merge onto US412 W towards Sand Springs, Enid
- Turn right onto N Gilcrease Museum Rd
- Turn left onto W Newton Rd
- Destination is on the right
300 S. Aquarium Dr, Jenks, OK 74037
From the Gilcrease Museum, it takes approximately 25 minutes to reach the Oklahoma Aquarium.
- From the museum, turn right onto Gilcrease Museum Rd
- Turn left to merge onto US64 E
- Take exit to merge onto I244 W
- Take exit 2 on the left to merge onto Okmulgee Expy S
- Take exit to merge onto Creek Turnpike E
- Take exit toward Peoria-Elm, Jenks
- Turn left onto S Elm St
- Turn right onto W 101st St
- Continue onto Aquarium Dr
T10 Scouts – plan to spend a couple hours at Prairie Start Elementary on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Shifts are also available setting up on Friday, March 3, 2017.
For additional Community Service information contact Tina Forbes Seeley, T10 community service coordinator.
March 6 – Physical Fitness – On the track
- 6pm Start
- Tenderfoot requirement 6a – Record physical fitness: push-ups, sit-ups, modified stretch and sit, 1 mile run/walk.
- Sunset 6:17 – We will start at the track
- Exercise clothes and running shoes
- No Scout uniform
Tenderfoot requirement 6b – develop a plan of improvement – Tracking Sheet
March 6 – Troop Meeting – 7 pm
- Tenderfoot Req. #5a—Buddy System.
- Tenderfoot Req. #5b—What to do if you become lost.
- Tenderfoot Req. #5c—Safe hiking
- 2nd Class #1c – Selecting a Campsite – Video Clip – Educate
- 2nd Class #2e. Plan one hot breakfast or lunch to cook at Campout – Split Scouts into two groups – Educate Good Nutrition and Safe Food Handling – Video Clip
Back to Main Calendar