Troop 10 tent assignment.
You will be assigned a troop tent and will need to set it up and inspect it. Any Scout who cannot attend needs to contact their color team leader. Attendance is required – regardless of whether you need a troop tent or not.
Troop 10 Locker Clean-up. We will be getting the locker ready for our camping season.
Attendance will be taken.
Hello from Kansas Athletics!
The Football Season is rapidly approaching!
Boy Scouts and their families are invited to Lawrence to cheer on the Kansas Football team. The Jayahwks will be providing a truly memorable experience for all troops and their family members in attendance.
I am happy to offer discounted tickets for our home opener on September 6th against Southeast Missouri State for just $10.
You can take advantage of this offer by clicking here or feel free to give me a call at 785.864.6220.
I’m looking forward to having the Boy Scouts join us to kick off the season!
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!
Meet at Price Chopper 133rd and Mission, Friday, Sep 12th, at 6:00pm. Load bikes on trailer (or bring it on personal bike rack). We will depart Price Chopper promptly at 6:30pm (We will return home after we break camp Sunday morning).
If you plan to arrive late, leave early or leave during the campout, you MUST contact our Scoutmaster, Rob Day, by 10:00pm Thursday Sep 11th or you may not get credit for the campout. email@example.com
You must bike or hike (see below) to receive credit for this campout.
ADULTS, Non-scout siblings & SPL Staff: $25.00
SCOUTS: $15 + patrol costs
Friday, Sep 12th
- Eat Dinner en route
- Arrive @ Mergen Farm before 8:30pm (Sunset: 7:28pm)
- Setup Camp
Saturday, Sep 13th
- Sunrise: 6:53am
- 10am BIKE or HIKE on the beautiful KATY Trail.
- Green Ridge, MO is 3 miles (6 miles round-trip) and
- Windsor, MO is 11.5 miles (23 mile round-trip).
- Camping MB requirement 9.b(3) – Take a bike trip of at least 15 miles or at least four hours.
- Helmet required for all Riders!!!
- Water Bottle for the Trail
- Sack lunch or money for lunch in Green Ridge or Windsor (small back pack may be needed)
- Return to campgrounds
- Work on Rank Advancement
- Fishing (bring fishing pole and bait)
- Potential Water Activities if the weather forecast is above 80 degrees (bring swimsuit and towel)
- Religious Service
- Sunset: 7:27pm
- Campfire (skit from each patrol)
Sunday, Sep 14th
- Sunrise: 6:54am
- Breakfast/Break Camp/Depart for home around 9:00am
Friday Supper – en route
- Patrols plan and prepare a Hot Breakfast
- Adults & SPL Staff will cook & eat as the “Old Goat Patrol”
- Everyone bring a Sack Lunch. This needs to be carried on the trail, so a daypack might be a good idea. Carry water bottle.
- There is a Casey’s General store in Green Ridge and in Windsor right off the trail, but the wait may be up to an hour for some items (like pizza).
- Patrols plan and prepare a Hot Supper and Dessert Competition
- Adults, SPL Staff will cook & eat as the “Old Goat” Patrol.
- Patrols plan and prepare a Hot Breakfast
- Adults, SPL Staff & Mustangs will cook & eat as the “Old Goat” Patrol.
Troop Policy: NO Lighter Fluid, “Match-light”, or accelerant to be used.
Charcoal chimneys are provided by the Troop.
- Weather appropriate clothing, extra dry clothing to change into at night (Socks, sweats, t-shirts, gloves, etc.)
- Sturdy Boots / Shoes & extra pair shoes.
- Sleeping Bag
- Ground Mat
- Mess Kit (bowl, plate, insulated cup, knife, fork, spoon)
- Rain Gear
- Bike / Helmet / spare inner tube
- Canteen or water bottle
- Sun Screen/Sun Glasses
- Swimsuit & Towel (if weather is warm)
- Patrol tents & tarps (check to make sure ALL parts are present)
- Patrol Cook Boxes (cleaned & stocked)
- Food for all meals / charcoal / stoves
- Scout Handbook
- Money for snacks at Casey’s General
- (Consult your Scout Handbook for a complete list)
UNIFORM: Scout T-Shirt, weather appropriate.
Patrols need to work together to make sure that patrol tents and cooking boxes are brought to camp by assigned patrol members. If you have Patrol Equipment (tents, tarps, stoves, cooking equipment), make sure it makes it to this campout even if you aren’t attending. Call your patrol leader, if he doesn’t call you by Wednesday, September 10th. Patrol Quartermasters must speak to the Troop Quartermaster, Jeromy Rutledge; firstname.lastname@example.org; if ANY additional equipment is needed (i.e. cooking grates, bricks, tent poles, tent pegs, tarps, tents) Paper goods, cup & knife/fork/spoon will not be provided.
Please sign-up at a regular Monday Troop meeting in September. No shows and cancellations after Sept 11th will be charged the full amount.
The coordinating patrol will be the Viking Patrol. One of the parents of a Viking Patrol Scout must drive the troop truck to and from the campout (Friday to Sunday). The Troop Truck will be loaded by ALL TROOP QUARTERMASTERS and all Viking Patrol Members on Thursday, September 11th at 6:00PM. The Troop Truck is located at the self-storage facility at 133rd and Holmes Road. The Viking Patrol & All Quartermasters will unload the troop truck on Sunday morning following the campout.
If you have any questions please contact:
Scoutmaster Rob Day: email@example.com
Campmaster Gilbert Trill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions (84 miles, approx 1h30m):
From the Price Chopper go East on hwy 50 to Mo. Hwy 127 towards La Monte, Mo. La Monte is 8 miles east of Knob Noster. Turn Right (south) onto Hwy 127. Travel approximately 10 miles until 127 forks to the right into Green Ridge. Do not go into Green Ridge, but stay left and continue on B Hwy. Travel approx.. 4 miles on Hwy B. Road will have sharp curve to the left and then when road starts to sharp curve to right, go straight onto CAMP BRANCH ROAD. Take Camp Branch Road up to 4 way intersection. Turn left onto Bagby Road. Go past Mergen farm on the left to the next gravel drive on the left.