March – May 2015
Troop 10 Mustang Scouts
The annual Troop 10 Mustang Campout is coming up on Saturday, May 31 – Sunday, June 1. This campout is specifically held to help you work on your Scout Skills.
You can sign up here.
Please note the following details and come prepared:
When: Saturday, May 31 – Sunday, June 1, 2014
Where: Mt. Moriah Cemetery, 10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO 64131
We will be camping in the undeveloped part of the cemetery in the Northeast Corner of the Cemetery overlooking the second pond. You will need to drive through the cemetery to get to the designated area. Please note that you may want to bring earplugs. There are train tracks nearby and the trains will blow their whistles.
Release Form: Must be signed by parent to attend the campout.
Saturday, June 1
• 8:00 am Arrive at Mt. Moriah Cemetery. Set up Camp.
• 9:30 am Scout Skills Instruction
• Review safe use of knife, saw, and axe to prepare fire materials
• Totin Chip Card
• Review basic fire building skills
• Cooking Fire Demonstration
• Fire Man Chit Award
• 11:00 am Gather and prepare fire materials for lunch
• 12:00 pm Lunch
• 1:00 pm Scout Skills Instruction
• Using Lightweight Backpacking Stoves
• Using Troop Coleman Stoves and Lanterns
• Dutch Oven Instruction
• Basic Compass Instruction – Bearing Course
• 3:00 pm Environmental Science Plot Study Hike – Merit Badge Requirement 4a
• Be prepared to take detailed notes that will be used to write your report for the Environmental Science Merit Badge (eagle required) at Camp Bartle.
• 5:00 pm Prepare and Eat Dinner
• 7:00 pm Free Time – Fishing
• 8:30 pm Campfire
• 10:00 pm Taps – Lights Out
Sunday, June 2
• 7:30 am Reveille. Prepare and Eat Breakfast
• 9:00 am Scouts Own
• 9:30 am Break Camp
*Additional Service Hours – Trailhead Day Camp Setup at Camp Timberlake. I will have four cemetery tents to set up – With plenty of help it should take us no more than 2 hours including travel time. If you want to stay longer and help in other areas at Timberlake I know they would appreciate the help.