March – June 2014
The Spring 2014 Harry S Truman Library Merit Badge Program is scheduled for Saturday, March 15, 2014 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Registration will be at the following website on February 10, 2014 at 9am.
Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Citizen in the Nation OR American Heritage merit badge. Sign up online individually (this is not a Troop event). Additional details (including prerequisites) can be found at the website above.
FYI, in the past this has filled up within minutes (so be at your computer ready to register promptly at 9 am if you wish to attend)! Normally, this is offered in the Spring as well as the Fall. Registration for the other session will be at a later date.
As a gesture of thanks, troop 10 has the opportunity to complete a Conservation Project for Camp Timberlake.
This is the camping location for our April Campout / Order of the Arrow Tapout. This year’s project will have three components:
- Refinish and stain a wooden “overlook” deck.
- Restore the condition of the hillside trail that will be used by Troop 10 Scouts as part of the Tapout Campout.
- Construct a new Ceremonial Fire Ring and Paver Base.
This is an ideal “activity” for those younger T-10 scouts who are in need of an Activity Credit for rank advancement. It is ALSO a great opportunity for our older scouts to assist and lead the younger and weaker. And we need adult help.
We will conduct this conservation project on Saturday, March 29 beginning at 8:30am at Camp Timberlake
- West of 69 Highway off 179th Street.
- Wear: work gloves, boots or work shoes, long pants, coat and other weather appropriate clothing.
- Bring: a water bottle, insect repellant, shovel, garden and leaf rake with your name on them.
- Also needed: 3-4 wheel barrows to move gravel and stones.
- For questions, please contact the Troop Campmaster, Mr. Chris Blackwood or Mr. David Contag who will serve as the adult lead for this project. All registered adults are welcome and encouraged to assist.
TO BETTER PLAN FOR THIS ACTIVITY, THERE WILL BE A “SIGN-UP” FOR THIS EVENT.
PLEASE DO SO NOW!
Scouts who are searching for a conservation opportunity as part of Camping Merit Badge will be able to continue similar work during the April Campout, scheduled the following weekend on April 5, 2014.
- 1st Year Scouts – 6:00pm – 6:45pm
- 2nd Year Scouts – 6:45pm – 7:30pm
- All Other Scouts – 7:30pm
Please bring completed:
- Merit Badge Request Form
- Camp Agreement Form
- Special Diet Request Form
- Health Forms
- Bus Transportation Form
- Outpost Program Request Form
- Final Bartle Payment
- Payment for all outstanding Troop fees
Boy Scout Law Merit Badge Clinic
University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Law and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society are offering an opportunity to scouts in the Heart of America Council the opportunity to earn the law merit badge.
Boy Scouts will earn the Law Merit Badge in one day!
Practicing attorneys and law students, supervised by merit badge counselors, will provide the teaching. Boy Scouts will also participate in a mock trial in one of ASLS’s courtrooms.
When: Saturday, April 19, 2014
8:00 a.m. until noon.
Attendance is free
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
500 East 52nd St. | Kansas City, MO 64110-2458
Please RSVP to Shawn Condie to ensure there are enough materials
- 8:30 a.m. Scouts Check-in At Price Chopper 13351 Mission Rd (135th Street) Load Truck with Personal Gear
- 8:30 a.m. Bring All Gear, Sack Lunch & Drink with screw on top. Wear Full Class “A” Uniform with swim trunks under it.
- 11:30 a.m. Gates Open – Arrive at Camp Bartle
- The first thing you will do after you unload the bus and put your camp boxes in your tent is the BSA Swim Test.