February – October 2014
As a gesture of thanks, troop 10 has the opportunity to complete a Conservation Project for Camp Timberlake.
This is the camping location for our April Campout / Order of the Arrow Tapout. This year’s project will have three components:
- Refinish and stain a wooden “overlook” deck.
- Restore the condition of the hillside trail that will be used by Troop 10 Scouts as part of the Tapout Campout.
- Construct a new Ceremonial Fire Ring and Paver Base.
This is an ideal “activity” for those younger T-10 scouts who are in need of an Activity Credit for rank advancement. It is ALSO a great opportunity for our older scouts to assist and lead the younger and weaker. And we need adult help.
We will conduct this conservation project on Saturday, March 29 beginning at 8:30am at Camp Timberlake
- West of 69 Highway off 179th Street.
- Wear: work gloves, boots or work shoes, long pants, coat and other weather appropriate clothing.
- Bring: a water bottle, insect repellant, shovel, garden and leaf rake with your name on them.
- Also needed: 3-4 wheel barrows to move gravel and stones.
- For questions, please contact the Troop Campmaster, Mr. Chris Blackwood or Mr. David Contag who will serve as the adult lead for this project. All registered adults are welcome and encouraged to assist.
TO BETTER PLAN FOR THIS ACTIVITY, THERE WILL BE A “SIGN-UP” FOR THIS EVENT.
PLEASE DO SO NOW!
Scouts who are searching for a conservation opportunity as part of Camping Merit Badge will be able to continue similar work during the April Campout, scheduled the following weekend on April 5, 2014.
Thorns and Roses 2:30 – 3:30, Doug Cochran, Bartle Campmaster
Troop Committee Meeting 3:30 – 4:00, Ron Clary, Committee Chair
4:00 – 5:00 Help with Picnic set-up
All troop 10 parents and adults are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This months committee meeting will be condensed to only information that cannot wait until our September meeting.
If anyone has anything to add to the committee meeting please contact Ron Clary, committee chair.