February – April 2014
As a gesture of thanks, troop 10 has the opportunity to complete a Conservation Project for Camp Timberlake.
This is the camping location for our April Campout / Order of the Arrow Tapout. This year’s project will have three components:
- Refinish and stain a wooden “overlook” deck.
- Restore the condition of the hillside trail that will be used by Troop 10 Scouts as part of the Tapout Campout.
- Construct a new Ceremonial Fire Ring and Paver Base.
This is an ideal “activity” for those younger T-10 scouts who are in need of an Activity Credit for rank advancement. It is ALSO a great opportunity for our older scouts to assist and lead the younger and weaker. And we need adult help.
We will conduct this conservation project on Saturday, March 29 beginning at 8:30am at Camp Timberlake
- West of 69 Highway off 179th Street.
- Wear: work gloves, boots or work shoes, long pants, coat and other weather appropriate clothing.
- Bring: a water bottle, insect repellant, shovel, garden and leaf rake with your name on them.
- Also needed: 3-4 wheel barrows to move gravel and stones.
- For questions, please contact the Troop Campmaster, Mr. Chris Blackwood or Mr. David Contag who will serve as the adult lead for this project. All registered adults are welcome and encouraged to assist.
TO BETTER PLAN FOR THIS ACTIVITY, THERE WILL BE A “SIGN-UP” FOR THIS EVENT.
PLEASE DO SO NOW!
Scouts who are searching for a conservation opportunity as part of Camping Merit Badge will be able to continue similar work during the April Campout, scheduled the following weekend on April 5, 2014.
Boy Scout Law Merit Badge Clinic
University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Law and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society are offering an opportunity to scouts in the Heart of America Council the opportunity to earn the law merit badge.
Boy Scouts will earn the Law Merit Badge in one day!
Practicing attorneys and law students, supervised by merit badge counselors, will provide the teaching. Boy Scouts will also participate in a mock trial in one of ASLS’s courtrooms.
When: Saturday, April 19, 2014
8:00 a.m. until noon.
Attendance is free
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
500 East 52nd St. | Kansas City, MO 64110-2458
Please RSVP to Shawn Condie to ensure there are enough materials