January 2013 – March 2014
Who Can Attend?All Arrowmen and their families are invited to join us for the Annual Lodge Banquet.
We will look back at the success of the last year, featuring the establishment of a new chapter, our participation at the National Order of the Arrow Conference, inducting almost 1000 new members, and many other accomplishments. We will also recognize our 30 newest Vigil Honor members, present the Founder’s Awards, and recognize our Chapters and Committees for their success in 2012!
Our Guest Speaker will be Skip Yowell, co-founder of JanSport. An avid traveler, adventurist and businessman, Skip has a great story to tell about determination and motivation to excel in all you do.
At the Winter Banquet, we will also install the new youth officers of the lodge and hear about their plans for 2013 and learn about some of the preparations for the lodge’s 75th Anniversary in 2014.
The Early Bird cost of the Banquet is $30 if you register on or before December 31, 2012.
The Full cost of the Banquet is $40 if you register between January 1-7, 2013.
No reservations, including walk-ins, will be accepted after January 7, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Register online for 2013 Winter Banquet (Deadline to register is January 7, 2013)
All Winter Banquet Registrations are non-refundable.
ArrowPass holders are automatically registered for the Winter Banquet; no separate registration is required!
For more information on this event, please visit the Uniform Exchange page.
At a Glance
Number of Nights: 1 Night – Saturday Afternoon/Sunday Morning
Special Activity: Omaha Zoo Visit
Individual Meals: 1 Sack Dinner–bus ride down. 1 Snack (provided by zoo) Saturday night and $$$ for lunch on Sunday
Uniform: Class “A”
Cost: $45 for Zoo Campout, $35 for Bus Ride, $10 for Oceanography Merit Badge (Optional)
Signup/Cancellation Deadline: Monday, January 31st
Coordinating Patrol: None (no cooking)
Travel Time/Distance: ~3.5 hours by Charted Bus
Event/Location Website: Omaha Zoo
Weather: Omaha, NE
We will be taking chartered motor coaches to and from the zoo.
Depart: 2:00PM on Saturday, February 22nd from Price Chopper @133 / Mission. Please arrive by 1:30PM.
Return: 7:00PM on Sunday, February 23rd, to theprice chopper @133/mission.
$45.00 Zoo Camping Fee (per person)
$35.00 Bus Ticket (per person. Assumes full bus of 54 passengers, will be higher if bus is not full)
$10.00 Oceanography Merit Badge Class (optional)
Agenda and Program
- 6:45 – 7:00 p.m. – Meet campout leaders at Main Gate to begin your night.
- 7:00-7:45 p.m. – Move vehicles onto Zoo property. Orientation and activities.
- 7:45-9:15 p.m. – Night Hike
- 9:15-10:00 p.m. – Zoo-related activities.
- 10:00-12:00 a.m. – Inside a Zoo building for the night. Snack provided by zoo. Wind down for the night.
We will be sleeping indoors in Troop Tents & Adult Tents
These tents need to be free-standing – NO tent stakes allowed
- 6:00 a.m. – Wake up call.
- 6:00-7:30 a.m. – Breakfast provided by zoo, load gear into vehicles, move to main parking area.
- 7:30-9:00 a.m. – Morning hike.
- 9:00 a.m. – Visit the Zoo exhibits
- 10:00a.m. – Noon: OCEANOGRAPHY MERIT BADGE CLASS
- Noon: Buy your own lunch at the Zoo
- 3:00PM Board buses and depart for price chopper.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED. This is a change from 2 years ago.
- Lunch Saturday: Eat at home before you arrive
- Dinner Saturday: Sack “lunch” style
- Late Snack: Zoo provided.
- Breakfast Sunday: Zoo provided.
- Lunch Sunday: Buy at the Zoo.
- Dinner Saturday: Eat when you get home.
- Coolers are NOT OK to bring with you. No cooking facilities are available.
We have to reserve three weeks in advance, so you must sign up by January 31st. If you cancel, No refunds are possible, since we have to reserve the Zoo and buses in advance. Please sign-up at the regular troop meeting on January 27th or if you can’t be at that meeting sign up via e-mail to: Chris Blackwood. Please indicate if you want to take the optional Oceanography Merit Badge ($10).
- Class “A” Uniform, We will wear our Class A’s all day on Sunday.
- Sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress or cot (optional)
- Minimal personal gear (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, etc.)
- Flashlight (optional)
- Weather appropriate clothing, good shoes for hiking
- DVD to watch after night hike (the zoo has a small selection of DVD’s available)
- Change of clothes
- Troop Tent (or personal tent for adults) – free-standing (no tent stakes) (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE PARTS)
The truck will not be going, so there is no need to load it on Thursday.
I-29N to I-80W to exit 454 (13th Street). Go north on 13th Street (one way) to Frederick St, and turn right onto S 10th St. Continue to Deer Park Blvd; the Zoo will be on your left. Distance/Time: 209 miles in ~3.5 hours.
If you have any questions please contact: