March – April 2014
Attention Mustang Scouts
Mustang Parents and leaders will be available to assist with the Mustang program. We will be completing the first phase of the Tenderfoot physical fitness requirements this coming Monday night March 24 starting at 6:00 pm Scouts should wear comfortable clothing suitable for athletic activities and bring their handbooks.
Parent and leader volunteers will be needed to help measure, count, time and sign books. Plan to assemble on the bleachers behind the school on the track at 6:30 and we should have everyone completed before 7:30.
- 6:00pm – Tenderfoot Req. #10a—Record physical fitness: push-up, pull-up, sit-up, standing long jump, . mile walk run. (pre-Troop meeting)
- 7:00pm – Tenderfoot Req. #4b—Square knot, two half hitches, taut-line hitch. (Teaching) Tenderfoot Req. #7—Memorize and explain Scout Oath, Law, motto, and slogan.
For more information on this event, please visit the Uniform Exchange page.
- 2nd Class Req. #4—Flag ceremony.
- Dr. Stark Coordinator with Instructors
- Tenderfoot Req. #11—Identify Poison Ivy and Treatment.
- Tenderfoot Req. #12a, b—Choking and simple first aid.
- 2nd Class Req. #7b—First aid kit for hike. (information)
- 2nd Class Req. #10—Earn money and Save 50%. (information – bring to any meeting when complete)
- Tenderfoot Req. #5—Rules of Safe Hiking; What to do if Lost
April 21 – Troop Meeting • 2nd Class Req. #4—Flag ceremony
- Tenderfoot Req. #10b—Record physical fitness: push-up, pull-up, sit-up, standing
long jump, . mile walk run. (pre-Troop meeting)
- • 2d Class Req. #7a—Hurry cases: breathing, bleeding, poisoning.
- • 2d Class Req. #7c—First Aid
- • 2nd Class Req. #7b—First aid kit for hike. (bring kit)