Troop 10 has been asked by the HOAC to participate in the kick-off event for Harvesters Fill the Fridge. This will also be the first event for the troops Color Team Community Service competition.
- 30 Slots Available: 2 hours of community service credit
- Duty: Work in Harvesters warehouse as a group on a specific task
- Dress: Class B. No open toed shoes
- Who: Scouts and Families welcome
- Contact: Tina Seeley / 913.221.6461 / firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP to Mrs. Seeley by Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Non-perishable food items appreciated for donation to Harvesters
3801 Topping Avenue
Kansas City, Mo 64129
Meet at Price Chopper 133rd and Mission, Friday, Sep 9th, at 5:30pm. Load bikes on trailer (or bring it on a personal bike rack). We will depart Price Chopper promptly at 6:30pm.
We will return home after we break camp Sunday, around 9 a.m.
- Be present at roll call Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- Be present for final roll call Sunday morning prior to departure.
If you plan to arrive late, leave during the campout, or leave early Sunday, you must contact the Scoutmaster, Dave Powell, via email, by 8 p.m. Thursday, September 8th or you may not get credit for the campout.
You must bike or hike (see below) to receive credit for this campout.
Friday, September 9th
- Eat dinner en route
- Arrive @ The Katy Roundhouse before 8:30pm
- Set-up camp
Saturday, September 10th
- 10 a.m.: HIKE or BIKE on the beautiful Katy Trail (6 or 15 mile round trip)
- Camping MB requirement 9b3
- Helmet required for all Riders!!!
- Water Bottle for the Trail
- Sack lunch (small backpack may be needed)
- Return to campgrounds
- Work on Rank Advancement
- Campfire (skit from each patrol)
Sunday, September 11th
- Breakfast/Break Camp/Depart for home around 9:00am.
- Eat en route
- 7 a.m.: Patrols plan and prepare a hot breakfast
- Adults & SPL Staff will cook & eat as the “Old Goat Patrol”
- Everyone bring a sack lunch. This needs to be carried on the trail, so a daypack might be a good idea. Carry water bottle.
- Patrols plan and prepare a hot dinner and dessert competition
- Adults, SPL Staff will cook & eat as the “Old Goat” Patrol.
- Patrols plan and prepare a hot breakfast
- Adults & SPL Staff will cook & eat as the “Old Goat” Patrol.
- Weather appropriate clothing, extra clothing to change into at night (socks, sweats, t-shirts, gloves, etc.)
- Sturdy boots or shoes •Sleeping bag
- Ground mat
- Mess kit (bowl, plate, insulated cup, knife, fork, spoon)
- Rain gear
- Bike and helmet
- Canteen or water bottle
- Sun screen and sun glasses
- Bug spray
- Patrol tents & tarps (check to make sure ALL parts are present)
- Patrol cook boxes (cleaned & stocked)
- Food for all meals, charcoal and stoves
- Scout Handbook
Consult your Scout Handbook for a complete list!
Scout T-Shirt and other weather appropriate clothes.
Please sign-up at a regular Monday Troop meeting, via the iOS app or the website by Wednesday, September 7 @ 10 p.m.
If you need to cancel at the last minute, you may email the Campmaster, Spencer Martin. No shows and cancellations after Wednesday, September 7 @ 10 p.m. will be charged the full amount.
DIRECTIONS: 1894 Katy Drive, New Franklin, MO 65274
The Roundhouse is located between Boonville (to the west) and Rocheport (to the east). Two hours west of St. Louis, 1 1/2 hours east of Kansas City, north of exit 101 (Boonville) on interstate 70. Half an hour from Columbia (home of University of Missouri).
From I-70, take exit 101 (Hwy 5 North) at Boonville. Take Hwy 5 through Boonville across the Missouri River and into New Franklin. In New Franklin turn left at the 4 way stop. Then turn left again at the carwash. We are down the hill 3/4 of a mile on the left. If you are coming from the north, take Hwy 5 to New Franklin, then turn right at the carwash.
Using Google/Apple maps is not advised to find the campsite…it will take you off the beaten path to gravel roads!!!
Back to Main Calendar