This is the Mustang Scout Sign Up for 2016 Summer Camp at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation.
This is a must attend meeting where everything you and your son will need to know about camp will be discussed. All forms are due, including forms for adult nights.
• Final Payment for Mustangs and Mustang parents
• Turn in Camp Agreement Form
• Turn in Outpost Request Form
• Turn in Special Needs Form
• Adult Stay Request Form
Summer camp at Bartle is the highlight of http://bsatroop10.org/wp-content/uploads/Mustang-Parents-Bartle-2017.pdfmost first year Scouts. Here is a sample of some of the fun we had at camp in 2015.
Scout Camp Bartle Physicals – Provided by Troop 10 at Bartle Meeting
Troop 10 will be providing Camp Bartle Physicals for Scouts 11-18 and young adults 18-21 Monday, March 27th. There is a $20 fee. No insurance. The fee covers the cost of the school and a donation to the interns. Doctors are being coordinated by Dr. Doug Cochran.
- Monday, March 27th
- 6-9 pm
- Lutheran High School, 12411 Wornall Road, Kansas City, Mo
- •$20 – no insurance
- You must schedule a time – RSVP Doug Westerhaus
All Scouts and Adults attending Camp Bartle MUST have a current (post 7/1/2016) health physical and BSA Part C Form completely filled out.
The BSA Health Form Part C must be turned no later than May 31st or you WILL NOT be allowed to ride the bus to Bartle. Transportation to Camp Bartle and going through the sign-in process and swim test will have to be handled by your parent. DO NOT miss this deadline.
There are three session you are required to attend to complete the merit badge:
- Personal Fitness – Session #1, is Monday, Jan. 23, 2017 (PLC Only this night)
- Personal Fitness – Session #2, is Tuesday, March 28, 2017 – LoCo Library, Blue Valley Branch – Large Conference Room
- Personal Fitness – Session #3, is Monday, May 8, 2017
Make sure you read the merit badge book prior to coming.
Paul Bertrand, Tim May & Wayne Maxwell
Welding Merit Badge
The Welding merit badge will be taught in two parts. Both sessions are necessary to complete the merit badge. The first session will be a classroom portion to cover what cannot be covered in the second session. This will be held at a date to be determined.
The second session of the Welding merit badge will be taught by Jason Ferguson at the Sheet Metal Workers Local Union 2 Training Center on April 1. Mr. Ferguson taught the Metalwork merit badge to a group of Troop 10 scouts and did an outstanding job. This is what he does for a living, so he is a true expert in both the subject and in teaching. Jason was great with the scouts and scouters.
Scouts of any rank may participate in this merit badge program.
This is a Class B event.
Click here for more information on Sheet Metal Workers – Local Union 2.
Click here for more information on the Welding Merit Badge.
How to Prepare for and Earn a Merit Badge:
- Purchase or borrow the Merit Badge handbook and read in advance of attending the first class.
- Many Merit Badge books are available to borrow in the Troop Library
- The Merit Badge book contains a lot of information that is useful in completing the Merit Badge
- Bring the following items with you to class:
- a printout of the appropriate Merit Badge worksheet
- the Merit Badge handbook
- writing utensils
- a binder or clipboard to make writing easier
- Instructors will note when prerequisites are needed and this will be noted on the Troop Calendar. Prepare those in advance and bring them to class.
Back to Main Calendar