Session 1 – 3/2/2015
Session 2 – 3/30/2015
Session 3 – 4/6/2015
Required to Attend the 1st Session
Must be 1st Class Rank or Above.
The prerequisites below MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN ON MARCH 2nd.
- Review topics on management of shock, heat and cold exposure and emergency carries.
- Make a copy of the First Aid Merit Badge Workbook.
- Read the First Aid Chapter in the Scout handbook, Chapter 4, Pages 124-177.
- Complete Written responses to Requirement 1 on the worksheets.
- Prepare to demonstrate basic First Aid skills listed.
- Read How To Handle an Emergency chapter in the First Aid Merit Badge book, Pages 11-29.
- Be prepared to demonstrate emergency carries, pages 24-29.
This is the first Session of the Horsemanship Merit Badge and will be a classroom session only. Jeff Muchow, the Troop 10 Horsemanship merit badge counselor, will teach the classroom session.
This merit badge will be completed during the Landahl Park Campout on March 28, 2015. Misty River Equestrian Center is a 12 minute drive from Landahl Park.
While the classroom portion of the merit badge is free, the grooming and riding portion of the merit badge does have a $35 fee. What’s more, there is limited space at Misty River Equestrian Center. We can have up to 15 scouts Saturday morning and 15 scouts Saturday afternoon. Should there be enough interest, we can have a Sunday morning session with up to 15 as well.
The Saturday AM session is from 8 AM – 11:30 AM. The Saturday PM session is from 1 PM – 4:30 PM. If there is a Sunday AM session, it will be from 8 AM – 11:30 AM.
For the riding session at Misty River, the following items must be worn:
– long pants
– shoes or boots with a heel (a few loaners are available)
– weather-appropriate clothing/jackets/hats/gloves
– if gloves are worn, they must have a leather palm
– a helment – provided by Misty River
For further information about Horsemanship, see the BSA Horsemanship Merit Badge page.
For further information about the Misty River program and signing up for it (space is limited), please contact Jeff Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for it at the Campmaster table.
Session 1- 8/18/2014
Session 2 – TBD
Session 2 is to be held in a restaurant. This is being negotiated, as is the actual date of the second session. It will not be March 31 – this is just a placeholder for now.
Must be 1st Class Rank or Above
Jeff Parrish, Doug Cochran & Bill Mauer
For further information, see the Cooking Merit Badge page.
Back to Main Calendar