We will be camping at Round Spring, Missouri campground at group campsite 3 on Friday night. Arrive by private vehicle as soon as possible Friday evening (approx. 5 hour car trip). We will cook breakfast Saturday morning, then arrive at the outfitter by 10:00 AM. Cars will be left in the outfitter parking lot. The outfitter will drop us and our gear off at Cedar Grove Saturday morning. We will canoe with our gear and set up camp just prior to Pulltite campground Saturday night. Sunday we will canoe the remaining miles back to Round Spring. The trip will be approximately 25 miles by water.
- Cook on backpacking stoves, learn skills required for summer high adventure trips, and Leave NO Trace camping. (There will be no porta potties on the river.)
- This is a first come first serve experience with a maximum of 40 people.
- Requirements to participate include: 13 yrs or older and lifesaving merit badge.
- Approximate cost (may vary based on number participating):
$70 – due prior to the campout; make check payable to Krista Cox
Registration deadline: August 25
Sign up is with Krista Cox @ firstname.lastname@example.org or at any troop event
Cooking will be done in crews of 8-10. Food provided except for Friday night and lunch Saturday.
- Friday dinner – Eat on the way to the campground
- Saturday breakfast – pancakes, eggs, sausage, OJ
- Saturday lunch – Bring a sack lunch
- Saturday evening – Chicken and rice burritos; cheesecake
- Sunday morning – Breakfast burritos (Mountain House) and granola
- Sunday lunch – trail food
Please let me know at sign up if there are any food allergies.
- Weather appropriate clothing with 1-2 extra sets of dry clothes
- Swim trunks (optional)
- Water shoes/sandals (to be worn on the river)
- Dry Shoes for camp
- Dry Bags or 5 gal buckets with lids (may purchase for approx. $3 each at Home Depot or Lowes)
- Heavy duty trash bags may be used for tents/sleeping bags/pads if needed
- Rope (to tie buckets and other equipment on)
- Ground mat
- Sleeping bag
- Tent – may bring personal tent or troop tent
- Mess kit
- Rain gear
- Water bottle/platypus bags/water bladder – recommend 4 L min capacity
- Water filter (if you already have one; several will be available)
- Flash light
- Bug spray
- Personal hygiene items
- Paddle gloves (optional)
- Fishing gear (optional) – will need a Missouri license if 16 yrs or older
- Backpacking chair (optional)
Please contact Krista Cox or (913) 484- 1086 with any questions or if you are in need of a ride.