The first of three sessions for the First Aid Merit Badge is approaching.
See below for prerequisites that must be prepared prior to attending the first session on March 2nd. This information is also on the Troop calendar.
Session 1 – 3/2/2015
Session 2 – 3/30/2015
Session 3 – 4/6/2015
Prerequisites – Required to Attend the 1st Session
Must be 1st Class Rank or Above.
The prerequisites below MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN ON MARCH 2nd.
- Review topics on management of shock, heat and cold exposure and emergency carries.
- Make a copy of the First Aid Merit Badge Workbook.
- Read the First Aid Chapter in the Scout handbook, Chapter 4, Pages 124-177.
- Complete Written responses to Requirement 1 on the worksheets.
- Prepare to demonstrate basic First Aid skills listed.
- Read How To Handle an Emergency chapter in the First Aid Merit Badge book, Pages 11-29.
- Be prepared to demonstrate emergency carries, pages 24-29.