Troop 10 has two summer 2017 activities available for scouts and scouters to participate in. We will be sending two crews to Philmont and 38 scouts/scouters to National Jamboree at The Summit Betchel Reserve in West Virginia. Registration for both opportunities needs to be done by the end of August to assure that you will be able to attend your desired trip.
Philmont 2017 | July 2-July 16
- How many can go? 2 crews – max of 24 people (may take up to 8 adults)
- How much? Approx cost $1100 ($875 Philmont, plus bus fee, Amtrak, and t-shirt) $100 down with 2 – 3 payments
- How do you know what Philmont has to offer? Ask someone who has gone previously. Talk with Krista Cox or Jeff Parish. Check out the website philmontscoutranch.org
- Who can go? Philmont youth participants must be 14 years of age on date of arrival OR have completed the eighth grade and be at least 13 prior to participation.
- Who should go? Everyone! Philmont is an awesome outdoor backpacking experience unlike anything you can do anywhere else with beautiful scenery, lots of trails, one-of-a kind activities, and a great opportunity to build friendships.
- How to sign up? Email Krista Cox – T10 High Adventure Chair
National Jamboree 2017 | The Summit Bethel Reserve, West Virginia
- When is it? July 11-28, 2017
- How much? $2200; $100 deposit due at the time of sign up
- Who can go? We have 1 adult opening and approx. 20 scout openings left. There are 4 adults and 34 scouts spots total. Scouts must be at least First Class rank and 12 yrs old.
- What does the trip include?
– We will visit US Rocket and Space Center in Alabama
– Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Knoxville T
– Norfolk Navy Station
– The Rotunda of the National Archives Building in DC; Holocaust museum
-Tour of Washington DC
– International Spy Museum
– Arlington National Cemetery
– White water rafting in West Virginia
– 10 days at National JAMBOREE with a multitude of activities available.
- How to sign up? Email Dave Powell HOAC National Jamboree Crew Chief
- And then go to hoac-bsa.org (search Jamboree) to sign up and pay deposit.