Join the Troop 10 family in the faith, love & walk on Monday, April 13th.
In today’s world, individualism is more widespread than ever. This shift of focus has led to a community that focuses less and less on the things that make us truly happy. We’re going to change all that in just one week. We’ll rekindle relationships, form promising new connections, and turn one ripple of kindness into an unstoppable wave of faith and love. Give us SevenDays and, together, we can change the world.
Following the April 13, 2014 tragedy at the Jewish Community Campus and Village Shalom in Overland Park, Kansas, a group of caring individuals decided that we, as a community, have the power to outshine and overcome such senseless acts of hate. SevenDays is a challenge for young and old, to embrace diversity across races, religions and cultures. Through three events, Faith, Love & Song, Faith, Love & Kindness and Faith, Love & Walk, we hope to promote understanding and encourage kindness to Make a Ripple to Change the World.
On April 13, 2015, we will begin the walk as a “society” embracing our diversity and common values and end as a “community.” Join us this evening, as we gather and stand against hate. We will move ONWARD sharing Faith, Love & Kindness with our neighbor.
We will begin our walk at the Jewish Community Campus (JCC) in Overland Park and end with a Celebration at the Church of Resurrection (COR) in Leawood, Kansas.
The Troop 10 family will be walking in the faith, love & walk. We will meet as a Troop family at JCC and walk to gather in our Class A uniforms.
• April 13, 2015
• Parking – 4:30 pm (Park at COR)
• Pre-Walk event – 5:45 pm (JCC)
• Walk – 6:00 pm (JCC)
• Celebration – 8:00 pm – 8:45 pm (COR)
• There is no fee to participate.
• The distance of this walk is approximately 3.4 miles
• Class A Uniform
• The first one thousand registered participants are guaranteed a free tee shirt
• SevenDays t-shirts will be available for sale at the JCC and COR on April 13th
• All ages are welcome. This is a family event and parents or guardians are expected to be with children under the age of 12.
• Complementary buses taking participants to/from parking will be on a continuous loop from COR – JCC – COR beginning at 4:30 pm with the last run expected to conclude at 9:30 pm.
• Light post walk snacks and beverages will be provided at the end of the Walk.
A Scout is Kind
We hope that you and your family will join us for this important community event.