Add to Calendar
Session 1 – 3/7/2016
Session 2 – 4/4/2016
Session 3 – 5/2/2016
Required to Attend the 1st Session
Must be 1st Class Rank or Above.
The prerequisites below MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN ON MARCH 7th.
- Review topics on management of shock, heat and cold exposure and emergency carries.
- Make a copy of the First Aid Merit Badge Worksheet.
- Read the First Aid Chapter in the Scout handbook, Chapter 4, Pages 124-177.
- Complete written responses to Requirement 1 on the worksheets.
- Prepare to demonstrate basic First Aid skills listed.
- Read How To Handle an Emergency chapter in the First Aid Merit Badge book, Pages 11-29.
- Be prepared to demonstrate emergency carries, pages 24-29.
How to Prepare for and Earn a Merit Badge:
- Purchase or borrow the Merit Badge handbook and read in advance of attending the first class.
- Many Merit Badge books are available to borrow in the Troop Library
- The Merit Badge book contains a lot of information that is useful in completing the Merit Badge
- Bring the following items with you to class:
- a printout of the appropriate Merit Badge paperwork
- the Merit Badge handbook
- writing utensils
- a binder or clipboard to make writing easier
- Instructors will note when prerequisites are needed and this will be noted on the Troop Calendar. Prepare those in advance and bring them to class.