SURVIVAL CAMPOUT DETAILS
Please plan on arriving at William L. Landahl Park in Blue Springs, MO at 5 p.m. (allow about 45 minutes to drive from Leawood).
We will break camp Sunday around 9 a.m.
- Be present for final roll call Sunday morning prior to departure.
If you plan to arrive late, leave during the campout, or leave early Sunday, you must contact the Scoutmaster, Dave Powell, via email, by 8 p.m. Thursday, March 23 or you may not get credit for the campout.
This is designed as a “survival” campout, so Scouts will use their Scout skills to create tents from tarps and rope. Adults may use their tents (although they’re encouraged to create their own tents as well!). Mustangs will be using tents.
Each patrol is responsible for creating, in advance, their strategy for creating a successful campout configuration with tarps and rope. Each patrol should designate a representative (probably the Patrol Quartermaster) to visit with the Quartermaster at the Troop locker in Martin City between 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. on March 20 to secure their Troop provided tarps and rope.
Please bring your tent in case of inclement weather!
Friday, March 24
- 5 p.m.: Arrive and begin to setup your “survival” tent and camp area.
Saturday, March 25
- 8 a.m.: Mustangs arrive.
- 8 a.m. – 9 a.m..: Patrol time to continue work on shelter and practice Scout skills.
- 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.: Horsemanship Merit Badge – Riding Group A
- 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Patrol Scout Skills Competition!
- 1 p.m.: Work on advancement, Scout skills, patrol shelter improvements and individual camp gadgets.
- 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.: Horsemanship Merit Badge – Riding Group B
- 6 p.m.: Best Camp Gadget judging.
Sunday, February 26
- Depart for home around 9:00 a.m.
- Eat before arriving at camp.
- The Troop will provide food boxes to each patrol for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Scouts will be responsible for preparing the provided food.
- The Troop will provide breakfast.
- Cold weather appropriate clothing and extra clothing to change into at night (socks, sweats, t-shirts, gloves, etc.).
- Sturdy boots or shoes
- Sleeping bag
- Ground mat
- Mess kit (bowl, plate, insulated cup, knife, fork, spoon)
- Rain gear
- Canteen or water bottle
- Sun glasses
- Patrol tarps and rope
- Scout Handbook
Class “B” uniform is appropriate for the entirety of the campout.
Please sign-up via the iOS app or website (link: http://bsatroop10.org/t10-rsvp/) by Wednesday, March 22 @ midnight., after which you will be unable to register for the campout.
Please feel free to visit with the Campmaster at the weekly Troop meeting if you have any questions or problems signing up via either the app or website!
If you need to cancel at the last minute, you may email the Campmaster, Spencer Martin. Anyone who no-shows or cancels after Thursday, March 23 @ 12 p.m. will be charged the full cost of the campout.
The fee to camp is $30 for adults, guests and Scouts
Your Troop account will be charged for the campout.
- I-70 east to Blue Springs, MO.
- Exit on Hwy 7, go north 1.6 miles to Pink Hill Road.
- Right (east) on Pink Hill Rd for 0.7 miles to Owens School Rd.
- Left (north) on Owens School Rd to Truman Road (Highway FF).
- Right (east) on Truman Road to the campsite on the right.