Blue Color team has QM duty.
Signup Deadline March 23rd
William Landahl Park Reserve – Argo Road Camp
28909 East Argo Road, Blue Springs, MO
GPS Coordinates: 39.066027, -94.237157
Departure from Price Chopper – 133rd and Mission Road at 8:30 a.m.
We will return home after we break camp Sunday, around 9:30 a.m.
If you plan to arrive late, leave during the campout, or leave early Sunday, you MUST contact our Scoutmaster, Rob Day, no later than Thursday, March 26th or you may not get credit for the campout; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be present at the following times for camp credit. If you cannot make these times, you must gain prior approval from the scoutmaster, Rob Day.
- Roll call at 10:00 am in the camping area
- Roll call after dinner in the camping area
- Roll call for dismissal Sunday morning
- Sunday: Breakfast, break camp
- Saturday: Camp setup, lunch break (bring your own sack lunch or cook with your patrol), orienteering course competition (organized by SPL staff), fire building skills, mountain biking (optional—bring your own bike and helmet), hiking, specialty dessert making opportunity, worship service, campfire (Patrol skits and songs).
- Horsemanship Merit Badge: See below for more information
- Saturday Breakfast: Eat prior to arrival.
- Saturday Lunch: Everyone bring a sack lunch or cook lunch with your patrol.
- Saturday Supper: Scouts will cook with patrols, adults will eat with the “Old Goat Patrol”
- Sunday Breakfast: Scouts will cook with patrols, adults will eat with the “Old Goat Patrol”
Bring and wear weather-appropriate clothing, extra dry clothing to change into at night (socks, sweats, long sleeve t-shirts, stocking hats, etc.), sleeping bag, ground mat, mess kit, and rain gear. Consult your Scout Handbook for a complete list and check the weather forecast. Patrols will work together to see that patrol tents are brought to camp by assigned patrol members. If you have tents and tarps, make sure they make it to this campout even if you aren’t attending. Call your Patrol Leader, if he doesn’t call you by Wednesday, March 2th. Patrol Quartermasters must speak to the Troop Quartermaster, email@example.com; if any additional equipment is needed (i.e. cooking grates, bricks, tent poles, tent pegs, tarps, tents). Paper goods & cups will not be provided.
Troop Policy: NO Lighter Fluid, “Match-light”, or accelerant to be used.
Charcoal chimneys are provided by the Troop
Please sign-up at the regular Troop meetings by March 23rd. Or, if you can’t be at the meetings, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for Scouts is $10.00 (food purchased by the Patrol is not included in this amount). The cost for adults is $20.00. Your Troop account will be billed by the Troop Treasurer, email is Treasurer@bsatroop10.org
All members of the Frontiersman Patrol – Blue Color Team and all Quartermasters. One of the parents of a Frontiersman Scout will need to drive the troop truck to and from the campout. The Frontiersman Patrol Scouts and ALL quartermasters are responsible to load the truck on Thursday, March 26nd at 6:00pm and unload the troop truck on Sunday morning.
I-70 east to Blue Springs, MO. Exit on Hwy 7 go north 1.6 miles to Pink Hill Road. Right (east) on Pink Hill Rd for 0.7 miles to Owens School Rd. Left (north) on Owens School Rd 1 mile to Argo Road. Right (east) on Argo Rd 0.5 miles to the gravel road on the right, down the hill to the campsite.
If you have any questions please contact:
Scoutmaster Robert Day: email@example.com
Campmaster Gilbert Trill: firstname.lastname@example.org