Yellow Color Team has QM Duty. PDF FLYER
January 17 and 18, 2015
Saturday Afternoon to Sunday Morning
Signup/Cancellation Deadline is Monday January 12th
- Saturday Afternoon: Arrive 12:00pm, set up camp, cook dinner
- Saturday Night: 3:30pm – Midnight Skiing / Boarding / Tubing
- Late Saturday Night: Camping at the Snow Creek Campground.
- Sunday: Breakfast, Break camp and return home Sunday morning.
- If you plan to arrive late, leave during the campout, or leave early Sunday, you MUST contact our Scoutmaster, Rob Day, no later than Thursday, January 15th or you may not get credit for the campout; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camping & Ski/Board/Lift Ticket/Lessons: Scouts* & Adults:
- Troop 10 will pre-purchase tickets for everyone who will be skiing or tubing to take advantage of the Group Rate and Tax Benefit for Scouts offered by Snow Creek.
- Camp* Only – $5 (or purchasing own tickets)
- Camp* + Lift ticket = Total $29
- Camp* + Lift ticket + Equipment rental = Total $52
- One hour lesson – add $13 to above = Total $65
- Helmet Rental – add $10 to above
- * Patrol food costs are the responsibility of the patrol.
- Tubing for entire evening is $38 (add $5 for camping), or you can add tubing to your Skiing / Boarding Lift ticket for an additional $14.
You must be present at the following times for camp credit. If you cannot make the below times, you MUST gain prior approval from the Scoutmaster, Rob Day, no later than Thursday, January 15th or you may not get credit for the campout; email@example.com:
- Roll call at 12:30pm in the camping area
- Roll call after dinner in the camping area
- Roll call for dismissal Sunday morning
This campout will not give you the required snow camping credit for the camping merit badge.
Arrive at Snow Creek in time for roll call at 12:30pm. The campsite is at the far north end of the parking lot. You will sign in, set up camp, make “linner” (late lunch / early dinner) in patrols, then pick-up your lift tickets at our campsite after cleanup. If you do not get your lift tickets after cleanup, check in with Mr. Trill after 4pm in the ski lodge.
- Saturday Dinner: Patrols will cook full meal Saturday afternoon before skiing begins. Adults will eat with Old Goat Patrol. Plan on using camp stoves to cook. Ground fires are not allowed.
- Saturday Night: Bring your own $$$ for food and lockers at Snow Creek.
- Sunday Morning: Everyone will eat with the Old Goat Patrol for Sunday Breakfast (Danish, juice).
You will need cold weather clothing, extra dry clothing to change into after skiing Saturday night (socks, sweats, t-shirts, stocking hats, gloves etc.), cold weather sleeping bag, ground mat, eating mess kit, and rain gear. Appropriate ski / boarding attire is recommended on the slopes. Field Uniform not required. Patrols need to work together to make sure that stoves and cooking boxes (cleaned and properly stocked) are brought to camp by assigned patrol members. If you have Patrol Equipment (stoves, cooking equipment), make sure it makes it to this campout even if you aren’t attending. Call your patrol leader and Quartermaster if you have any questions. Patrol Quartermasters must speak to the Troop Quartermaster, Mike Dyess; firstname.lastname@example.org; if ANY additional equipment is needed. Paper goods, K/F/S & cups will not be provided to Scouts or Adults.
IMPORTANT!! Please sign up at any Scout meeting on or before Monday Jan. 12th. If you are unable to sign up at a regular meeting, you can sign up via email to email@example.com. Please provide the following information for each attendee if registering by email:
- Skiing / Snowboarding or Just Camping
- Rental Equipment [yes or no]
- Renting Helmet [yes or no]
- Lessons [yes or no]
- Tubing [Only Tubing, Add-on, or No]
If you do not sign up by Midnight on 1/12/2014 you will have to buy your own tickets at the door at the regular rate. Cancellations after midnight on 1/12/2014 will not be accepted and you will NOT GET A REFUND (unless you find someone else can use your ticket) because we have to pay three business days in advance to get the group rate.
The Yellow Color Team has Quartermaster Duty. The coordinating patrol will be the Burrito Patrol. One of the parents of a Python Patrol scouts will need to drive the troop truck to and from the campout. The Burrito Patrol Scouts and ALL QUARTERMANSTERS are responsible to load the truck on Thursday, January 11th at 6:00pm and unload the troop truck on Sunday morning
Interstate 435 to I-29 NORTH to Exit 20, take left at the exit ramp on to Hwy. 273 and drive back over I-29. Follow the signs on 273 to Weston. Hwy. 273 veers to the right just opposite the Bank of Weston – Tracy. Take Hwy. 273 to Hwy. 45. Turn right on 45 at the 4-way stop. Stay on 45 for approximately 8 miles. Snow Creek will be on your right about 1/4 mile past the Iatan Power Plant. Park in the Upper Parking lot next to the campground.