Tamegonit Lodge 75th Anniversary Campout
Where: Naish Scout Reservation
When: Friday, September 19th thru Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Meeting Time / Location:
Arrive at Naish Scout Reservation by 6:00pm on Friday night to set up camp. If you plan to arrive later or leave early, you MUST contact Matt Roening, by 8am on Friday, September 19th. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Real-Time Weather Link:
Come celebrate with a CARNIVAL of FUN! Experience an Arena Show featuring Wild West Performers complete with whip cracking tricks, magic, juggling extraordinaire and fire manipulation! Also on the playbill is the Lenexa Police Department introducing the trained dogs of their Canine Unit. Next you will have the opportunity to experience up close a view of the Raptors of the Dayshift; meet the Hawks that hunt the skies!
You won’t want to miss a visit to the Great House “Museum”. On exhibit will not only be the history of the Lodge, there will also be plenty of Scouting memorabilia and other history to view.
You will have the opportunity to carve out a piece of history by participating in the carving of a Totem Pole to commemorate the 75th Anniversary Celebration.
The shooting ranges will be open, Archery will be available and the climbing tower will be offered to those who wish to scale its heights!
And have we mentioned the food? Beginning with the opening night Extravaganza of music and food in the dining hall, the Carnival atmosphere will continue to the lunch event the next day.
The evening events will be a formal affair with a Banquet Celebration followed by the Vigil Call and the Dedication of Whippoorwill.
There will be games to play and exhibits to visit. Camp Naish will be an exciting celebration for all. And for the first time, non-Arrowmen will be allowed to camp for this weekend.
You will not want to miss your opportunity to experience this historical celebration and receive your unique 75th Anniversary Coup and Patch. See you there!
Just some of the things that have been confirmed for the Celebration:
- OA National Chief, Nick Dannemiller, and OA Central Region Chief, Ricky Angeletti, will join us for the weekend!
- Lodge Officer Elections will be held to elect the youth leadership for 2015, the 100th Anniversary of the Order of the Arrow program!
- A dedication ceremony will be held for the renovated Whippoorwill Ceremony Ring; all Campers are invited to attend!
- The Vigil Call will be made during the weekend!
NO late registrations, NO walk-ins, NO exceptions. All registrations are non-refundable.
What to take:
You will need weather appropriate clothing, extra dry clothing to change into at night, weather appropriate sleeping bag, ground mat, cup, and rain gear. Bring your Scout Handbook. As this is not a regularly scheduled campout, please make sure you or your tent partner bring a Troop tent and ground cloth.
NOTE TO Scouts and Adults
The Troop has a large stock of equipment we use on our campouts and other outings. We provide: tents, ground cloths (tarps), cooking equipment, water coolers, propane lanterns, tables, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, first aid supplies & shelters for all Scouts.
Adults must bring their own equipment (tent, ground cover, water bottle, etc.).
Troop 10 Chair Policy: Does not apply to this campout.
Field dress uniform (Class A) is required for the Banquet Dinner on Saturday evening. Activity dress (Class B) is fine for all other activities. An example of Class B dress would be a Bartle or campout T-shirt and jeans.
Cooking and Meals:
- Friday Supper: Eat prior to arrival. Cracker Barrel at 8PM for all campers.
- Saturday Breakfast: Provided in Dining Hall
- Saturday Lunch: Provided in Dining Hall
- Saturday Supper:Provided in Dining Hall
- Sunday Breakfast:Provided – continental style breakfast
(Troop Policy: NO Lighter Fluid, “Match-light”, or accelerant to be used. Charcoal chimneys are provided by the Troop)
- Troop 10 Scouts: $40.00 (Includes all meals)
- Troop 10 Adults: $40.00 (Includes all meals)
Troop 10 Scouts and Adults must sign up with the Troop (not online with OA) for this campout no later than September 11th. All those who sign-up or commit to go will be charged the full fee of $40, even if they cancel (after September 11th) or don’t attend. If you have to cancel, you can cancel at a meeting or by contacting Matt Roening, no later than September 11th. email: email@example.com
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Tentative)
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm – Check-in & Set-up (sunset: 7:23pm)
- 8:00pm – Live D.J. Music Celebration in dining Hall – Cracker Barrel [for all Campers]
Saturday, September 21st
- 7:45am – Flag
- 8:00amM – Breakfast
- 9:00am – 12:00pm – CARNIVAL EXTRAVAGANZA……Midway Events, Open Shooting Sports / Climbing Tower / Field Games
- 9:30am – 11:30am – Legacy Ceremony (21+) Other Ceremony Demos [Arrowmen]
- 12:00pm – Lunch –Carnival Style
- 1:00pm-3:00pm – CARNIVAL EXTRAVAGANZA…….Midway Events continue
- 3:30pm-5:30pm –Unit Campsite Activities for non-Arrowmen
- 3:30pm – Lodge Business Meeting / Lodge Officer Elections [Arrowmen]
- 5:4pmM – Chapter Elections [Arrowmen]
- 6:45pm –Flag [All Campers]
- 7:00pm – Banquet Dinner [All Campers] (Field / Class A Uniforms required)
- 8:00pm – Vigil Call / Dedication / Celebration / Dancers [Arrowmen]
- 8:00pm – Movie night for non-Arrowmen
- 9:00pmM – Cracker Barrel [All Campers]
Sunday, September 22th
- 7:45am – Flag
- 8:00am – Breakfast
- 8:30am – Worship Service
- 10:00am – Depart
If you have any questions please contact:
Matt Roening, firstname.lastname@example.org