Philmont Scout Ranch offers a unique experience. It is owned and operated by the Boy Scouts of America. It is located in Cimarron, New Mexico. The backpacking treks last 12 days and offer activities that include horseback riding, rock climbing, rappelling, black powder and trap shooting, fly fishing and much more…
- The approximate cost is about $1000 (includes transportation, Amtrak train and Philmont bus), and the cost of the trek.
- The trek starts on July 10, 2015 and ends on July 22. Based on the current Amtrak schedule, you would take the 10:45 pm train to Raton, NM the evening of Wednesday, July 9 and arrive around 11:00 am on July 10.
- The return trip leaves Raton on July 22 at 4:50 pm and gets back to Kansas City around 7:30 am Wednesday, July 23.
- Scouts must be at least 14 years old, or completed the 8th grade and 13 years old prior to arriving at Philmont. (currently in the 7th grade)
To secure your reservation, you are required to pay $100 non-refundable deposit on or before Monday, February 10, 2014. THIS IS A FIRM DATE.
If your plans change before the trip, you can try to fill your spot with another person.
Payment Schedule: (all fees non-refundable)
- $377.50– due September 15h, 2014
- $377.50 – due February 17th, 2015
- Based on fares today…
- Tickets cannot be booked until July 2014.
- Full payment will be required in July 2014.
- Approx. $120 per person
Contact Krista Cox, Troop 10 High Adventure Coordinator with any questions. Deposits may be made through the troop PayPal account or by check at meetings. If you make your payment through PayPal please include a note that the payment is for Philmont 2015. Please notify Krista if you make a deposit to your troop account so she may add you to the itinerary.
Adults – let Krista know if you are interested in being the lead adult advisor for your crew.
If you would like to be added to a wait list in case of an opening, please contact Krista.