Merit Badge Counselors
Eagle Required Merit Badges
University of Scouting: November 1st, 2014
Among the many courses, they are offering:
- Den Chief Training
- Intro to Leadership Skills in the Troop (ILST) – (like Jr. Leadership Training (JLT))
- Geocaching Merit Badge
Upcoming Merit Badge Training Events:
This is the first Session of the Snow Sports Merit Badge and will be a classroom session only.
We will finish this at the Snow Creek Campout in February, 2015
For further information, see the Snow Sports Merit Badge page.
Lifesaving Merit Badge Course No. 1LS
Friday, January 9th at 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Saturday, January 10th at 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Friday, January 16th at 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Friday, January 23rd at 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Saturday, January 24th at 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Friday, January 30th at 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
Saturday, January 31st at 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Shawnee Mission South High School Pool
For more information see the Lifesaving Merit Badge page.
Trailhead District Merit Badge Forum
January 10th, 2015 and January 31st, 2015
Church of the Resurrection, 13720 Roe, Leawood, Kansas 66224
Check in (Add/Deletes) 8 am – 8:30 am
First Class 8:30 – 10:30 am
Break 10:30 am – 10:45 am
Second Class 10:45 am – 12:45 pm
SCOUT CHECK IN: Be sure to check in at the registration table upon arrival even if you already have your blue merit badge cards.
ADULT CHECK IN: All adults who remain at the merit badge forum must check in at the registration table upon. Unregistered adults are not allowed to stay. Any adult not wearing a wristband during the forum will be asked to check in at registration OR leave the premises.
- Scouts with a hole in their schedule on January 25 need to report to the ADD/CHANGE line.
- Scouts who registered for a 2-day merit badge but did not attend the first day are dropped from the class for the 2nd day. These scouts should report to the ADD/CHANGE line during check-in to enroll in an available 1-day Merit Badge.
- If your schedule changes, blank blue MB cards for added classes are available at the Troop 10 table.
- If you do NOT plan to attend on January 25, let Kendra Stark know so other scouts can have your spot in class.
Merit Badge Cards (Blue Cards):
- Completed merit badge cards should be handed in to Ernie Rupp (Advancement Chair) at the next Troop meeting.·
- Partial merit badge cards are given directly to the Troop at the merit badge forum. We will get these back to you at the next Troop 10 meeting. You can find a merit badge counselor in Troop 10 to work with you to complete these requirements.
For further details on the forum, click here.